Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

How do i start from scratch! !!!

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 7:46 AM
  • 14 Replies
Im a mother of five traffic kids and wife of a truly amazing husband. But I haven't done much with my life. Having Dropped out of school in the ninth grade with a 3 grade education I never understood why I could not learn like the others. But now im almost 33 and dream daily of over coming this hurdle in my life and becoming what I do best makeup and hair .You see I've always been great at that but lack the foundation. ANY IDEAS WOULD BE A BLESSING thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krise
by Christine-Arizona on Mar. 12, 2012 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Go to school for it. I don't believe you need to show proof or a high school diploma. YouTube is a great way to learn too. Best of luck Hon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma_814
by Zayra-Mexicana on Mar. 12, 2012 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Same boat with you. I love hair and make-up. wish i could do it proffesiionally. I too want to go back and get my GED. I looked into it and i'm hoping to go back after summer when my kids go back to school. I youTube things all the time. lol Anyways Good luck and I'm sure you'll find your way :)

twobells
by Orfelinda on Mar. 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM
2 moms liked this

I constantly read about someone making it big without an education and someone making lots of money by just doing what they love. I think it is great that you have that passion to do more and do something you are good at. If time is an issue start doing things on your own. Ask family and friends to let you practice on them. Get ideas from magazines and videos, keep up with the latest fashions and buy some books. If you have a friend that does hair maybe ask if you can watch her at times. Good Luck it is never to late.

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Mar. 12, 2012 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck you can do anything you put your mind to ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Watching and learning from whatever sources you have on hand will be very helpful.  Like twobells said, stay up to date with the latest hair and makeup trends.  Watch tutorials and practice on friends and family. If they like your work, you may be able to do their hair and makeup for special events. Word of mouth goes a long way for things like this! Good luck!

cmrrivera2
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

wanna do waxing??? European wax center is always looking for waxers and i know my store is always looking. schooling is easy and their are 300 european wax centers in the U.S. Their are 37 in new jersey. Just an idea

cmrrivera2
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 9:16 PM

I dont know where you live but if you are anywhere near central jersey then you can get your GED through MAECOM or the division of employment and training. The Division of Employment and Training also pays for you to go to any school as a one time opportunity.

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Mar. 12, 2012 at 10:06 PM
2 moms liked this

My old BFF dropped out of school in 8th grade to get married.  Yep, she was 14 when she ran off with her very much older boyfriend, who left her shortly after their son was born when she was 19.  She became a single mom working hard, and no time for school.  

She began slowly with her GED.  Then, she started taking a few classes at a time at the local community college.  She's now 29 and almost done with school.

It can be done.  You just have to put your mind to it.  I'm 33, and dropped otu of college (because I couldn't afford it, anymore).  And now, after my daughter starts school, I plan to go back to finish my degree.  My mother tells me that I will never finish, that I'll settle as a SAHM.  (nice way to encourage me)

But I still plan on finishijng school, I don't care how old I get!  LOL

mum1
by Divia on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Just having a dream and wanting more in step in the right direction. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Mar. 13, 2012 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

You can do it!!!!!!! 

Sounds like you have a learning disability like my daughter. 

She can take information in but has trouble processing it and bringing it back out when asked to repeat what she just learned. She is good with video games etc. Looks totally normal but she has that problem. She is 9 in 3rd grade and has a kindergarten education level. It is hard especially when others don't understand why you can't learn so I understand where you stand. 

You can do it and it's never too late.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN