Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Just moved to Philly 15mins away from downtown looking for free activities for my baby!!!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:51 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hello Ladies!

Just moved to Philly 15mins away from downtown looking for free activities for my baby!!!

I am looking for  free activities groups for my 6 month old.   In New York I used to take him to the libray, puppet shows and a baby sing a long group.  Also looking for a Latina mommy support group. 

If anyone has any information please let me know! Free is preferrable but if you do come across to  any activites please let me know. 

Jeremiah's Mommy <3

by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JCTVCBN
by Marina-Tex-Mex on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Hello,

I live in N.C.

I hope you find something.

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Apr. 11, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Welcome to the group ;) I hope you find someone close to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Apr. 11, 2012 at 11:22 AM
I'm in the west coast. But have you checked online. Search free activities in *name of city* for toddlers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NADIA-R
by NADIA on Apr. 11, 2012 at 11:56 AM

I'm not near you either but most public libraries have that; book readings and crafts. try calling them or stopping by they usually have a bulletin too where they put local activities. good luck, and welcome to the group.

LuLu5J
by Lourdes-PR on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi, my name is Lourdes and I just move to NC from Philly a week ago.  There are lots of activities in the Philly area for kids.  In Center City you can get info from the Franklin Institute for activities for young children.  Also the Art Museum has certain days and times that you can bring kids in to doodle and draw.  The Please Touch Museum, which was just recentely remodeled, is a GREAT place for young children to touch and explore.  If you want to talk him on a walk Fairmount Park, located right next to the Schuylkill River, has a great walking, running, hiking path.  If you have any other questions you can PM me =)  Good luck!

twobells
by Orfelinda on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Welcome to the group.

MamisAngels
by Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:14 AM
I agree with LuLu.
I grew up in Philly and now live in the suburbs but all the places she mentioned, I hold lots of memories from visiting throughout my childhood.

I take my kids to a few of them every so often. I like them to experience the places I did as a kid and it also is a re-newed experience for me and opens my eyes to see how they've improved everything.

I hope you find something that you and your little one enjoy!

Quoting LuLu5J:

Hi, my name is Lourdes and I just move to NC from Philly a week ago.  There are lots of activities in the Philly area for kids.  In Center City you can get info from the Franklin Institute for activities for young children.  Also the Art Museum has certain days and times that you can bring kids in to doodle and draw.  The Please Touch Museum, which was just recentely remodeled, is a GREAT place for young children to touch and explore.  If you want to talk him on a walk Fairmount Park, located right next to the Schuylkill River, has a great walking, running, hiking path.  If you have any other questions you can PM me =)  Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN