Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Man Has Affair with Private Eye Girlfriend Hired Honeytrap test works a little too well for one woman.

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:39 AM
  • 11 Replies

With a name like "Honeytrap," you would think that some women might suspect that a such-named private eye would, instead of catching boyfriends cheating, help them cheat. That's exactly what happened to Samantha Phipps, whom after dating Jack Ewing for a year, began to suspect he might be cheating on her and hired a private eye. She hired "Miss Honeytrap," who said her job was to lure in potential cheaters to catch them in the act. But in this case, that act went a little too far, and Jack ended up falling for the Honeytrap. The pair is dating now. Whoops!

After a few set-up dates, Jack told Samantha he had left her and wasn't coming back. She was heartbroken, but knew that at least she had dodged the bullet of dating a man who would cheat if the opportunity arose. So when she saw him in a bar later on, she marched right on over to see who he had left her for, only to find Miss Honeytrap on the barstool next to him. 

miss honeytrap
Miss Honeytrap, or Jane, as most people call her.

"I asked her what the hell she was doing, and looking really nervous, she said sorry, that it just happened. I had to get this straight: 'So you're telling me I set you up to test my boyfriend and you stole him from me?'""I saw the real side of [Jack] in that pub. He really doesn't care about anyone but himself. He met the girl and just left, without telling me anything."

Jack defends his actions, admitting that his relationship with Samantha was "a mistake" and that he "should have finished with her sooner."

Miss Honeytrap, or Jane, as she is normally called, said, "I don't make a habit of this. I'm glad Jack came along. We're well suited."

Ouch! While it must surely suck to be dumped for a private eye that you yourself hired to test a significant other, you have to almost expect something like this to happen—when a woman calls herself Miss Honeytrap, there's a pretty good chance she's good at trappin' honeys.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma_814
by Zayra-Mexicana on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Wow.  tsk tsk

JerseyAirGurl
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Setting up her bf def backfired on her... But she is better off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Ay caramba
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NADIA-R
by NADIA on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Wow I guess she found out he did had it in him to cheat. She should have hired a guy instead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karladiego
by Karla on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:51 PM

First of all, don't set up your bf/so/hubby just face him, look for clues...like my grandma says: Piensa mal y acertaras. Secondly: After doing that bad move and then finding the private eye with your man I would've beaten the crap out of both of them, well maybe not but I would've certainly sued her...she was doing a job and she failed (kinda)

JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

YIKES!!! I guess she should have done some investigating on her own!

sophiesmom07
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Wow.  I recently saw a movie that was similar to this.  it starred that big eyed girl from Mama Mia...    I guess she'll be having to look for a new line of work huh, lol.

Supervane
by Vane on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I think this girls line of work is done for! LoL

twobells
by Orfelinda on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:02 PM

I would of hired a guy or just followed him myself.

mama.martinezz
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:47 PM

i agree...channel your inner CIA lol. :) 

Quoting karladiego:

First of all, don't set up your bf/so/hubby just face him, look for clues...like my grandma says: Piensa mal y acertaras. Secondly: After doing that bad move and then finding the private eye with your man I would've beaten the crap out of both of them, well maybe not but I would've certainly sued her...she was doing a job and she failed (kinda)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)