Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

So called friends

Posted by   + Show Post

So I have these to friends that I known for a while,well one I've known her for ever,we grew up together and lived next door to each other for so many years,lets call her MS,the other friend I've known her since 9th grade,lets call her VA.

This all happened over a post on fb,on mother's day,well the date for the one in Mexico,my husband posted something nice and sweet about his aunt who had past way and was dedicating the post to her,he can't write or read well in spanish and so he used the google translation and so he just posted it the way he saw it on there,which wasn't all correct,but at least he tried right? Well my friend MS commented on there and said,que dijiste? So my husband replied with can't you read spanish,so she said yes I can,but that doesn't even sound right,so he said I used google translation and thats how I posted it,MS said well google translation sucks and doesn't work,you should of ask someone in your house to help you type it right,there are people there who speak spanish and I can read and wirte spanish the correct way,my husband told her that he use google because he can't write in spanish well and that his first language is english and he was posting that because his aunt passed way and wanted to dedicated to her. He told her I would have replied back to you in spanish but you might not understand it,so MS got mad and told him that she can speak it way better than the majority of the chicanos and you. I got on there and just said to MS that sometimes we should just not say anything,but she thinks I was blaming her for the whole thing and I wasn't,I hardly said anything on there because I didn't want to make it a big deal on fb,MS told him that he could of ask his Mexican parents or wife to check it before he posted it,but he couldn't of done that because he was at work on his break when he posted it,but yet she didn't understand that. VA commented on there too and said that MS was just playing around,but yet she didn't say that at the beginnging she waited a while to say that,I commented again by saying that the discusion need to stop alreay because I'm the one who's gonna be in the middle of it,which I am. VA said to me how can you say that we've been friends for how long now. I got on there and just told them to stop,but I wans't gonna argue with anyone on there and said what I told my husband,yeah,google doesn't all ways tell you the correct way and you sometimes have to go back and fix somethings,but hey you tired,but it didn't have to go this far. Now my husband doesn't want to be around my friend MS because of the argument,and MS thinks I'm stupid for not saying to him on fb that he was wrong,but I talked to her and told her I did tell him that just not on there,I told her at least he tired,but to her it was wrong and also she thinks all this agrument was my husbands fault,because he posted something that didn't sound right. She says nothing is her fault and that she was right. I don't know what to do for all this just to go away,I don't like that we can't all hang out like we use too,just because of a something posted on fb.

by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Replies (11-18):
NADIA-R
by NADIA on Apr. 21, 2012 at 10:09 AM
I've had "friends" like that believe me sooner or later they will do it to you again. They sound very childish.tell them you are not in middle school anymore. But you should just find new friends someone who does know how to be one cause those two don't . Sometimes we keep a frienship like that because we are good friends and friends stick together in good and bad times but there are people who don't know the meaning of frienship and they don't desrve a loyal friend by their side because all they know how to do is use you and abuse you.

Quoting dmgfw:

Yeah,she wont apologize and she still thinks she was right and she always will think that,that's how she is.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Sorry, your friend is really immature. She was wrong, there's nothing else to it.  I wouldn't even entertain the conversation with her.  I wouldn't be o.k with someone disrespecting my husband.  How would she feel if you did that to her husband, or mother or brother? 

dmgfw
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I don't bring it up anymore and I hardly speak to her,well really we don't speak at all,I really don't like the way things are but than again,she was rude and just put my husband down like that on fb which she shouldn't of done and she kept her comments to herself. I'm done and I'm over it.

karladiego
by Karla on Apr. 21, 2012 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

First of all if your friend MS wanted to understand correctly she could just asked that, but for her and go ahead and said you made a mistake and your spanish is not good was way out of line, a lot of my friends make spelling mistakes on fb but i'm not the spelling police to go correcting them or making them feel bad because they can't spell....what she did was insulting to your husband and the worst part is that they made it bigger and bigger on fb for everybody to see. I am sorry but I do agree with your husband, if he doesn't want to see your friend MS or VA he has all the right to.

marlene992
by Marlene-Cubantina on Apr. 21, 2012 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this
First off those are your friends & that is your husband. I would take my husbands side 1st sorry he is the person that will be by my side for eternity if it last that long. And your friend sounds to demanding if you ask me. I think you do need new friends sweetheart! You don't need drama like that. Your husband didn't do anything out of line imo.
Pirate.Mum
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry you and your husband went through that! As a chicana who was adopted and not raised in my birth family's Spanish speaking household...I struggle with Spanish. I use google or babelfish sometimes. The fact that we TRY should be enough! Kudos to your husband for trying and kudos to you for standing up for him AND for helping correct him in private!

themodestgal
by New Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Your husband is so sweet, so what if you have known those bitches all your life, I've had friends that I've known for a long time and gotten rid off because they like to start drama. Even if google doesn't translate right, it does enough for sensible people to be able to put the puzzle together, she wasn't even willing to do that but instead rushed to insult even after being given the explanation that it had to do with a deceased loved one and you say she's the type that always has to be right, why would you even want to stay friends with someone that would disrespect your sweet hubby, what are you telling him? That it is ok for others to insult him because you want to keep the peace? Get new friends!
LOVES67
by Emily on Apr. 23, 2012 at 6:31 PM

BUMP..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN