Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tubal...essure...vasectomy....wwyd?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:59 AM
  • 13 Replies
I need to decide what to do.. i dont want to be on any birth control anymore.. im tired of all the side effects.. and plus dh and i decided that we are done having babies.. so the doc suggested ESSURE for me instead of getting TUBAL LIGATION to avoid having a long recovery... but idk ive read some pretty bad stories to both.. so should i just have dh do a vasectomy instead??... has anyone here had any of these done??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GomezMami2908
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:02 AM

I am not fixed, however I know a few ladies who had Essure done with no side effects, they are happy with it.

Sit down with your DH and talk about every choice out there, do your research on pros & cons and come up with something you are both comfortable with.

JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:36 AM

I don't know hun I had a tubal during my c-section with my last and DH has not been snipped. I don't even know what that birth control option is. I am pretty sure they can do a tubal by making a small incision and then burning it with a laser (maybe not sure). Maybe DH should get a vesectomy??

luckymomof6
by Donna on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:32 AM
A vasectomy is done under a local anesthetic in a doctors office with a quick recovery. I would discuss all of the procedures with your DH and decide what works for your and him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zyceballos
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:33 AM
What's essure?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NADIA-R
by NADIA on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I have been on many BC methods but none were permanent I had some friends who did do a permanent one like tubal ligation and I didn't like the side effects they had like premature menopause. I suggest you have a serious talk with your DH and discuss pros and cons. My ex did get a vasectomy it was the most simple thing he went in the doc office came out had a day rest and went back to work he just couldn't lift anything heavy for some time. he never complained of any pain and he was a big baby for pain.

karladiego
by Karla on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I used an IUD up until last year, I have been telling my hubby to get a vasectomy one, because it is simpler and two, less time of recuperation. But you both should go to a dr and get all the pros and cons of all the different procedures and then choose from that. I really don't know what that Essure is, but I will be definitely looking up on it.

Supervane
by Vane on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:11 PM
I've heard some great out comes of essure. I had a.Co worker who did.it, she left early to have the procedure done, and was back to work the very next day.

If it were me I would opt for essure or vasectomy. Both are less dangerous than a ligation, and have less recovery time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mirm99
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Inserts are placed into the fallopian tubes by a catheter passed from the vagina through the cervix and uterus. The insert contains inner polyethylene terephthalate fibers to induce benign fibrotic reaction and is held in place by flexible stainless steel inner coil and a dynamic outer nickel titanium alloy coil. [3] Once in place, the device is designed to elicit tissue growth in and around the insert to form over a period of three months an occlusion or blockage in the fallopian tubes; the tissue barrier formed prevents sperm from reaching an egg.

Unlike other forms of tubal ligation, no general anaesthetic nor incision through the abdomen is required.

What has me.leaning towards it is there's no recovery... after procedure I can return to my normal activities...

Quoting Zyceballos:

What's essure?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mirm99
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Yea I wanted to do my tubal after my csections and my doc didn't let me bc I was too young.. I was 22 and it was my second child.. I was mad.. lol..

This is what the essure is...its a newer procedure

Inserts are placed into the fallopian tubes by a catheter passed from the vagina through the cervix and uterus. The insert contains inner polyethylene terephthalate fibers to induce benign fibrotic reaction and is held in place by flexible stainless steel inner coil and a dynamic outer nickel titanium alloy coil. [3] Once in place, the device is designed to elicit tissue growth in and around the insert to form over a period of three months an occlusion or blockage in the fallopian tubes; the tissue barrier formed prevents sperm from reaching an egg.

Unlike other forms of tubal ligation, no general anaesthetic nor incision through the abdomen is required.

Quoting JeannetteG:

I don't know hun I had a tubal during my c-section with my last and DH has not been snipped. I don't even know what that birth control option is. I am pretty sure they can do a tubal by making a small incision and then burning it with a laser (maybe not sure). Maybe DH should get a vesectomy??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mirm99
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:42 PM
That's how I am... I have the iud right now but im having issues w it.. im in pain all the time and I can't have sex at all.. my doc said its really low and my uterus is pushing it out so next week im having it taken out.. so I need to figure out what to do soon.. lol

Quoting karladiego:

I used an IUD up until last year, I have been telling my hubby to get a vasectomy one, because it is simpler and two, less time of recuperation. But you both should go to a dr and get all the pros and cons of all the different procedures and then choose from that. I really don't know what that Essure is, but I will be definitely looking up on it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)