Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Latinas just plain ol DRESS BETTER...

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:29 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

Im a 25 year old black woman who is the mother of a one year old baby. Usually I run around in a robe, but I recently started dressing a lot better. Buying the right things and doing makeup and whatnot. wearing dresses instead of jeans.

My mom goes, "where are you going?? why do you have a dress on?"

I reply, "I'm gonna stop dressing like a raggamuffin and start dressing like a mexican (woman)."

Was I being racist? it just kinda flew out of my mouth, but I think I'm right. Even fugly latinas sometimes look better than my ass....

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PortiaRose
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:35 PM

BUMP

PortiaRose
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:35 PM

BUMP

NADIA-R
by NADIA on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:31 PM
I don't think so although not all mexican ladies. Dress nice I have seen a few picking up their kids at school 3 pm in pjs and sleepers so I don't think all do but good for you to be trying to look nicer I think we all fall in that rut sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
In Mexico, where I lived, going out meant having to dress up, even if it was to the store. Here, I noticed people are more relaxed in their clothing. I've seen some really dressed up Mexican women in my local Mexican market, but I've also seen many in sweats, so I don't know...

:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PortiaRose
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:12 PM
What gets me is the mexican women. Even if they're fugly as hell, they're in something that would look nice on a better looking person. The young mamas, who just came from mexico or wherever, look poor, but their CHILDREN look fly...

Quoting LMJ1:

In Mexico, where I lived, going out meant having to dress up, even if it was to the store. Here, I noticed people are more relaxed in their clothing. I've seen some really dressed up Mexican women in my local Mexican market, but I've also seen many in sweats, so I don't know...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PortiaRose
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NADIA-R
by NADIA on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:30 PM
My DH always notices this people don't dress up even for a nice restaurant. We went to a fancy restaurant one time and there was a guy in jeans and tennis shoes my DH kept giving him a bad look its one of his petpeves LOL he says they have. No class he is used people dress all nice like in Mexico.

Quoting LMJ1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:05 PM
LOL

Hey well at least you want to look better

I've seen latinas in pjs taking their kids to school and in spandex where its too damn tight you can clearly see right through them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twobells
by Orfelinda on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I sometimes run out to grab something real quick at the store with no makeup. I am always thinking what would my mother say if she saw me like this. She would always make us get dress up no matter if we were going to the corner store.

momma_814
by Zayra-Mexicana on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:11 PM
That's great that your doing yourself up. When you look good you feel good. Lol. I've see a lot of people out in their PJ's. That's a No No. If its an emergency then yes by all means run out the door but come on its 3 in the afternoon and your at the PTA meeting looking like you just rolled.outta bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)