• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So wrong

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:11 PM
  • 10 Replies
Another ‘Heart Attack Grill’ customer collapses while eating ‘bypass burger’
By Eric Pfeiffer | The Sideshow - 22 hrs ago

No one can accuse The Heart Attack Grill of false advertising.

A woman collapsed into unconsciousness at the Las Vegas restaurant while eating a "double bypass burger," drinking a margarita and smoking a cigarette.

The unnamed customer was the second in just over two months to collapse at the restaurant while eating one of the famed burgers named after various forms of cardiac arrest. Back in February, another customer was caught on video being carted out by paramedics after suffering a heart attack while eating a "quadruple bypass" burger.

The Heart Attack Grill's owner Jon Basso tells ABC News that the woman is currently recovering in the hospital. Basso told ABC that he himself has eaten at least one single bypass burger each day since his restaurant first opened seven years ago.

"It's a lifestyle issue," Basso said. "We attract the avant-garde of lifestyle seekers."

The Heart Attack Grill offers free meals to any customer who weighs over 350 pounds and features a butterfat milkshake, nonfiltered cigarettes, "flatliner" fries and four burgers, each rated on an ascending scale of "a single bypass" to the "quadruple bypass."

There's a tongue-in-cheek warning sign at the restaurant's door stating that the offered dining fare is a health risk. Waitresses in the restaurant even wear nurses' uniforms.

Last year, the company's 600-pound spokes-model died when he was only 29-years-old.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDianaB
by Diana-Mexican on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:13 PM
This restaurant makes me sick! They should not be making money and mocking those with real health issues. It's the individuals choice on how they eat and live their lives but what that restaurant does is in really bad taste ( no pin intended)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:41 PM

I blame it's patrons. Just because the restaurant is there doesn't mean they have to eat there.   The food looks disgusting. You couldn't pay me to eat there!

karladiego
by Karla on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Quoting sophiesmom07:

I blame it's patrons. Just becuase the restaurant is there doesn't mean they have to eat there.   The food looks disgusting. You couldn't pay me to eat there!

I agree. It would be like that woman trying to sue McDonalds because her kid was obese...seriously? you know that kind of food is not healthy, eat it every day and you will get sick.

ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:08 PM
How sad that people are dumb enough to go in and eat that stuff
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twobells
by Orfelinda on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Wow this is a really crazy place to eat. Why would someone put themselves at risk.

momma_814
by Zayra-Mexicana on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:13 PM
Exactly.

Quoting ana326:

How sad that people are dumb enough to go in and eat that stuff
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:59 PM

No one makes you eat there.  It's all about choices.  The owners are simply taking advantage of a new idea, just like I would, had I thought about it.  We need to take responsibility for our choices each and everytime. 

MrsDianaB
by Diana-Mexican on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this
It is up to the people and their choices but that restaunt mocks them with the food names and waitress wearing nurses outfits and that is not right and people should boycott them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RainyRain
by Reyna on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I don't blame the restaurant or their menu, I blame the customers, they are the ones who made chose to buy the food.

JCTVCBN
by Marina-Tex-Mex on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

If only we all cared enough about others to look out for each other.

It's sad that the restaurant owner cares more about the money he's making than about the people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)