Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Health update... =/

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:54 PM
  • 31 Replies

As some of you might remember I was recently diagnosed with Psoriatic arthritis (PsA). I made a change in my eating habits and started taking supplements. I was feeling great and there was even days when I was pain free but recently I have been in excruciating pain. The pain started in my hands but now I feel the pain all over my body. The prescribed pain pills are not helping either. I feel and fear that is down hill from now on. =(

I am trying my best to stay strong but there is so much your body can handle and so much you can put up with. I am so thankful and blessed that my sister in law is staying with us now cus if it wasn't for her, my house would be a hot mess. I have no strenght and even when I do, the pain is so unbearable. I just want to fast forward time, either to make me better or to make me use to this agony.

I called my rheumatologist and voiced my concerns and new symptoms. She advised I started taking meds for the PsA, I didn't want to but I think my body is desperately asking for them. (the thought of taking meds for the rest of my life scares me and I also fear the side effects of the meds). At this point I don't have  another choice so I am starting the meds. We are starting on low dosages but will increase when needed. 

I am keeing the faith and wil continue to fight this disease. 

Thanks for reading my update. I really needed to vent. I don't tell my friends or family how I am doing cus I don't want to worry them so I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Tons of XoXoXo's to all.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:59 AM
Awww mi rainy rain chummy chum chum I want to hug you right now. You are a strong powerful woman and you will overcome this. Have faith in the lord he won't let you down. Keep that chin up luv.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mum1
by Divia on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:48 AM
I'm so sorry your going through this. Keep fighting and praying to Godfor healing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma_814
by Zayra-Mexicana on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Rainy, Stay positive. I know it's hard right now but things will get better you'll see. I will keep you in my prayers. Your strong and i know you will go all "Kill Bill" on this disease. Big bear hugs going your way. And let it out anytime you need to vent we're all here for you. 

NADIA-R
by NADIA on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I can't imagine the pain it must be so excruciating. I hope the meds help you with it. I have seen a few people I know suffer from that I can tell the pain is very strong. I don't know if your a religious mom but when I have something I can't deal with I usually just find my answers in God maybe that's an option for you too.

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:02 PM
Awwww Amiga I'm sorry that your going through this. I pray that you get some relief soon. Don't give up hope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karladiego
by Karla on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I am so sorry you are going through this, but I will have to agree with your dr. it is time to start taking your meds, sometimes and certain illnesses will tie you to a medication. Believe me I see it with my husband (he's a diabetic) as long as you control your problem you are going to be able to function properly, sometimes we don't want to take the next step because it means it's more serious than we want it to be but you have put a fight for a while and now you're in pain so science has to take the next step.

You're strong, you're dealing and fighting and now you just need and extra push (your meds)

mami323
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:26 PM
I am so sorry girl, I wish you didn't have to suffer like this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I'm sorry Reyna. Are there any natural remedies you can try?  Maybe homeopathic medicine?  Massage, acupuncture?   I'm weary about meds. 

RainyRain
by Reyna on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM

I can honestly say I felt your hug, Thank you My Chummy Chumm Chumm.

I am keeping the faith and trying my best to stay positive and also trying the impossible to regain strenght. It's just super scary, nerve wrecking and confusing to be dealing with this. I am sure I will learn to deal with this issues and I promise you that I will keep my chin up and put on my boxing gloves to fight this illness and beat it.

Once again THANK YOU Chummy.

Quoting ana326:

Awww mi rainy rain chummy chum chum I want to hug you right now. You are a strong powerful woman and you will overcome this. Have faith in the lord he won't let you down. Keep that chin up luv.

RainyRain
by Reyna on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Thank you mum1, I will.

XoXoXo's

Quoting mum1:

I'm so sorry your going through this. Keep fighting and praying to Godfor healing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)