Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Do you douche?

Posted by   + Show Post

So I ran into an article in one of my many web-surfing adventures that says African-American's and Hispanic women have a higher rate of douching than American women, Do you think that is true?

How common is douching?

Douching is common among women in the United States. It's estimated that 20 to 40 percent of American women 15 to 44 years old douche regularly. About half of these women douche each week. Higher rates of douching are seen in teens, African-American women, and Hispanic women.

by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Replies (11-20):
twobells
by Orfelinda on May. 7, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Not me.

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on May. 7, 2012 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Tampons are freedom!!!  LOL

Quoting NADIA-R:

no way LOl I'm also very reluctant to what I put in there too I have never even tried to use a tampon just doesn't seem clean to me.

Mrs.Pete
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Nope. Never have, and don't plan to. Ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenny76
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Nope
Ronique1989
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm black and I don't douche. I honestly don't know any black or hispanic women that do douche. So that study must be rigged. Who knows! Douching and using tampons seem....unnatural to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jshalas89
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this
A Hispanic woman isn't "American"?? Is there something I don't know?? I'm Hispanic, born and raised in America so I'm American right? So confused.

And no douching is bad for the vagina and it's natural oils and bacteria.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Vane on May. 8, 2012 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this

no, every doctor I have asked has strongly advised against it

Jesi_79
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm a hispanic woman and have lived with many housemates over the years of all racial and ethnic backgrounds and only one ever douched on a regular basis and she was white.   As for the tampon side topic that has been started I never dreamed of using them until I disciplined myself to start swimming every morning.  Once my regular breaks in the routine started stretching out past a week I reluctantly took a friend's advice and since then only skip swimming on Sundays when the Y is closed. 

dinahrp
by Dinah on May. 8, 2012 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Ok ladies, I worked with an  obgyn for a little while.  It is believed now that doucing does more harm than good.  It gets rid of too much of the good bacteria in your vagina, disturbs the ph balance, causes more yeast infections and smells.  The vagina naturally cleans itself .  You release certain secretions that clean out your vagina.  All you need is to keep the outer area clean witm warm water, a gentle soap on the outside only.  Wash regularly.  Also cotton, breathable underware are recommended and no tight jeans.  Keep a healthy vagina girls. Lol.

sophiesmom07
by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Nope, never have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN