Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy tip for the week

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:34 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

So, we are going to add something to those 20 min of activity (daily), drink at least 8 - 8oz glasses of water a day and everytime you feel hungry get a healthy snack...definition for healthy snack: NOT a cookie, NOT a glass of soda, NOT a bowl of ice cream, NOT a piece of cake LOL

Go for a little bowl with fruit, a glass of juice (low on sugar), a cereal bar, a cup of yogurt even a bowl of cereal with low fat milk, vegetables....anything with low content of sugar and/or fats.

ALWAYS have breakfast and NEVER skip a meal. Your body will say thank you for that.

by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NADIA-R
by NADIA on May. 7, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Thanks I do have to drink more water. I just need help with my snacks and all the bread I eat. I need ideas.

JCTVCBN
by Marina-Tex-Mex on May. 7, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Thanks for the tips.  : )

RainyRain
by Reyna on May. 7, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Done deal ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karladiego
by Karla on May. 7, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Quoting NADIA-R:

Thanks I do have to drink more water. I just need help with my snacks and all the bread I eat. I need ideas.

Go for whole wheat breads instead of white bread, get those thin bagels or pita bread, limit your intake to 2 slices for breakfast.

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on May. 7, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Great tips
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma_814
by Zayra-Mexicana on May. 8, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Thanks for the tips. I don't know why but i'm never hungry in the morning. I eat breakfast pretty late. Most of the time it's around 11/12 which is lunch time. It's bad but i can't seem to eat early in the morning. Any tips?

sophiesmom07
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I never skip breakfast.  Eating a breakfast that contains protein within 30 minutes after waking up, helps kick start your metabolism.  :)

ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on May. 8, 2012 at 11:01 AM
You got it!! Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on May. 8, 2012 at 11:10 AM

*sigh*

Cookies, ice cream, and cake are the DEVIL!!!!!! 

karladiego
by Karla on May. 8, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Quoting momma_814:

Thanks for the tips. I don't know why but i'm never hungry in the morning. I eat breakfast pretty late. Most of the time it's around 11/12 which is lunch time. It's bad but i can't seem to eat early in the morning. Any tips?

Don't force yourself but start small...a glass of juice and maybe a piece of toast. The days I don't feel too hungry in the mornings I get a glass of oj and a hardboiled egg.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)