Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy tip for the week - Exercising

Posted by on May. 22, 2012 at 2:54 PM
  • 9 Replies

So we have talked about moving, about food but how about getting our butts out of the couch or our beds to go exercise? very simple: Make exercising fun.

You can make exercise a social gathering with a friend or friends that way you have an exercise buddy/buddies and you can help each other, another choice would be training for a good cause like a walk-a-thon or a charity race. Get some fun sport stuff, a nice outfit or even a pair of weights to work with at home. Add fun ways of moving like a zumba class, jazzercise, dancing lessons or even using  something like wii fit or any other of those dance games, also the fact that you join a class or gym means you have a financial commitment with the place so you really don't want to waste that money.

Keyword: FUN!!

by on May. 22, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
NADIA-R
by NADIA on May. 22, 2012 at 3:21 PM

sounds cool I wish I could find a exercise buddy. also something that my friends and I used to do was make a bet it could be small big depending and all of you. like 20 bucks to the biggest loser in 45 days if its 5 of you makes it worth it 100 bucks for losing some pounds.

karladiego
by Karla on May. 22, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Quoting NADIA-R:

sounds cool I wish I could find a exercise buddy. also something that my friends and I used to do was make a bet it could be small big depending and all of you. like 20 bucks to the biggest loser in 45 days if its 5 of you makes it worth it 100 bucks for losing some pounds.

That is a cool idea!! You can also reward yourself everytime you accomplish a goal or lose weight...not with food though lol but with a massage at a spa or a new exercise outfit.

JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on May. 22, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Yes!!!!! Exercising is KEY!!!! Thanks for the reminder that I need to get my butt on the ball Karla!

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on May. 22, 2012 at 6:55 PM
I do FUN workouts all the time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twobells
by Orfelinda on May. 22, 2012 at 9:02 PM

I have looked into joining a running group. I really need to get my butt of this couch. It has my butt imprint already.

karladiego
by Karla on May. 23, 2012 at 6:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kgmmw:

I do FUN workouts all the time

I know Kim...you're our Zumbaholic here lol

karladiego
by Karla on May. 23, 2012 at 6:56 AM

Quoting twobells:

I have looked into joining a running group. I really need to get my butt of this couch. It has my butt imprint already.

LOL!

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on May. 23, 2012 at 11:38 AM
We did that at one of my old jobs. It was a pool. We all pitched in $30 and whoever lost the most weight, won the money. Let me tell you, it got nasty.

There was people putting fat stuff in your food and even hiding your healthy meal, and taunting you with their fried chicken.

In the end, I lost 12 lbs and won $300.

Quoting NADIA-R:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NADIA-R
by NADIA on May. 23, 2012 at 12:16 PM

wow evil people LOL at least you won. I have won bets but not for losing weight but for drinkin the most tequila shots.

Quoting LMJ1:

We did that at one of my old jobs. It was a pool. We all pitched in $30 and whoever lost the most weight, won the money. Let me tell you, it got nasty.

There was people putting fat stuff in your food and even hiding your healthy meal, and taunting you with their fried chicken.

In the end, I lost 12 lbs and won $300.

Quoting NADIA-R:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)