Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

What Smells Remind you of Your Mom?

Posted by   + Show Post

I think the majority of us, have a certain scent that reminds us of our mothers growing up.  My mom, for example always smelled likeLet me explain. My mother is those type of people that love to have their house very clean, but not the kind that do normal cleaning to their home, no.  My mom says that she feels the germs and sometimes she can't breathe, if there are germs in the air--that kind.  To this day, no one is allowed on top of mother's bed, unles you're showered and wearing clean clothes.  If anyone comes in and sits on her bed with their outside clothes, she will have to remove the bedding and throw it in the washing machine to clean it up.  Sadly, I do not share the same mentality for cleaning as my mom, and my home has paid the price for it.  Don't get me wrong, I like my house clean, but a few germs here and there have not killed me.  One thing, though, I do love to clean with Pinesol and Bleach, until my home smells like it.  It's how I feel it's clean. Sometimes, I ask myself what smells will remind my daughter of me, in the future.  I hope it's not armpit!!!!

What about you, what smells remind you of your mother?

by on May. 26, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Replies (21-22):
kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on May. 29, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Sun moon and stars perfume that she loves
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy29x3
by Member on May. 29, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Quoting LMJ1:

Did she use vinegar for cleaning, or just cooked a lot with it?

Quoting mommy29x3:

Pineol and vinegar

she used it for cleaning ... I also forgot to mention classic ivory dish soap and vitamins ....my mom took vitamins for everything .... hair growth , nail growth , skin ect ect ....lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)