Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Whats for dinner? Bcuz i need help!

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:12 PM
  • 10 Replies

OK IM TIRED OF MAKING THE SAME OLD MEXICAN DISHES THAT I MAKE....CAN ANYONE OFFER ANY GOOD HISPANIC DISHES THAT ARE SOMEWHAT EASY TO MAKE? IF IT TAKES TIME IT DONT MATTER BUT I WANT SOMETHING GOOD :)

by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RainyRain
by Reyna on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:07 PM

What do you have in hand? Is there something specific that you want to cook?

Can I suggest Tacos Dorados/Flautas, Tinga, Enchiladas or maybe some quesadillas.

hgibsonorc
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I can share my pupusa recipe if you like!

octobermommy210
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:51 AM
I make taco locos. Its carne guisada with beans & chz. My recipe os super easy if u want to try it. My whole family gobbles them up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrickettyBoo
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:13 PM
I'm making stuffed shells, does that tickle your fancy?

I'm,better with the italian dishes although I do make a mean ceviche...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZenLady
by Ahtziri - Mexicana on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM
We're having gyros! Too hot today & don't feel like cooking.

But if you'd like, I can share my calabacitas con queso recipe or maybe grilled salmon?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:24 PM
2 moms liked this

If you're bored with your usual dishes, why not branch out to something not mexican?  Stir fry is easy and you can add lots of different veggies and there are some really good sauces already bottled to add to the stir fry.  Or how 'bout some good southern comfort food:  fried chicken and mashed potatos or mac and cheese?

starlight1641
by Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I was getting sick and tired of making the samee old thing because of my husband always wanting rice and beans and chicken . So I end up going to YOUTUBE.COM and wrote everthing down what I wanted to learn and just wrote everything I needed so when I go food shopping I have everything ready for doing something diffrent each day....Yes ladies I cheated and looked it up on youtube....LOL

ladybea75
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 5:17 PM
I made chicken kabobs today. Not Mexican but easy to make and can be served over rice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NADIA-R
by NADIA on Jun. 19, 2012 at 5:20 PM
since I'm sick my DH cooked today he made meatballs in chipotle sauce my kids love them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladybea75
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Love YouTube that's how I learned to make Mexican rice :)

Quoting starlight1641:

I was getting sick and tired of making the samee old thing because of my husband always wanting rice and beans and chicken . So I end up going to YOUTUBE.COM and wrote everthing down what I wanted to learn and just wrote everything I needed so when I go food shopping I have everything ready for doing something diffrent each day....Yes ladies I cheated and looked it up on youtube....LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)