Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Is there anybody in Spanish Harlem who looking for playmates ages 2-4?

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 6:54 PM
  • 6 Replies

I feel so bad for my little girl who's gonna be 2 in aug. and has no playmates around her age and when I take her to the park most parents looks like they dont wanna be botherd with there kids. I felt so hurt for my daughter when she see kids her age and she gets so excited and right away she gives them a kiss and a hug and when that happends parents looks like there trying to be friendly and move there kids to another area or just act like there about to leave. Why are there so many parents that seems stuck up or un socail?simple frown

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Reina13
by Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Aww mama Im so sorry you are surrounded by unfriendly people. I am not in your area but there is a local area link that you can click on and type in your area code. If there are groups on cafemom for your area, they will come up. You can try meeting women in those groups that might be close to you.  I found a great group of moms close by me that way.

JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:40 AM

BUMP

aidenmomplus4
by Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I'm sorry we are originally from NYC so I can sort of relate, have you tried joining mommy groups there are a ton of them all over the city or try signing her up for activities that is a good way for her to interact with kids while you have some down time to maybe socialize with the parents there.

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Jun. 25, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Join a mommy group.  Mine does the same thing, where she gets really close to other kids (we are working on her personal space), and the other kids back off.  But the moms are usually pretty cool. 

I am a member of a few local mom groups, throgh meetup.com

Also, we have a local mom group through CM, and we set up playdates and such.  

momma_814
by Zayra-Mexicana on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:36 AM
So sorry this happens to you and your DD. I hope you find a great Playgroup. Good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RainyRain
by Reyna on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I am not from that state but here is a bump for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN