Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Someone is at the door

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 1:12 PM
  • 51 Replies

So I am cleaning today and notice two ladies walking up the driveway I already know what they want.
They ring the door bell and I tell my daughter to come with me. She always runs to the door when it rings. I stay in my room cleaning in hopes they do not hear me. They keep ringing and I can't believe they do not leave. Finally I give in and answer the door. They give me two pamphlets and tell me a few things about prayers and off they go. So what do you ladies do? Do you answer the door knowing it is people wanting to chat about religion or do you ignore them? I answered and pretended to care I also took the pamphlets knowing I was going to throw them away. I really did not want to be rude cause they had a young girl with them. Is there someone out there who actually likes to talk to strangers about God?

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amada
by Gina on Jun. 23, 2012 at 1:21 PM
3 moms liked this
I answer the door. I let them give their speech and them invite them to mass at my church. That usually does the trick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Jun. 23, 2012 at 1:35 PM
I don't answer the door
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NADIA-R
by NADIA on Jun. 23, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I also try to hide and pretend I'm not home LOL and when I do answer I tell them I'm kind of busy so they just give me their lil pamphlet. the reason I hide is cause they usually come on Sat early like 7 or 8 am and I'm usually still in pjs and because some of them tend to push on their own personal believes and I don't like that.

RainyRain
by Reyna on Jun. 23, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I ignore them, I dislike the fact that they try to brain wash me with their believes. =/

sophiesmom07
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 3:32 PM

I don't open the door.  You do it once and they come back over and over again. My husband opened once and they still come for him.   

JCTVCBN
by Marina-Tex-Mex on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:17 PM
I open the door.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twobells
by Orfelinda on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:53 PM

My sisters laugh at me cause I hide and hope that they go away. They are it is your home you don't have to answer the door to everyone. Why I stay quiet and pretend I am not home they find funny. I just don't want to be rude or might get sucked into listening to them more than I want to.

Quoting NADIA-R:

I also try to hide and pretend I'm not home LOL and when I do answer I tell them I'm kind of busy so they just give me their lil pamphlet. the reason I hide is cause they usually come on Sat early like 7 or 8 am and I'm usually still in pjs and because some of them tend to push on their own personal believes and I don't like that.

IreneCarroll
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:54 PM
I open the door.

karladiego
by Karla on Jun. 23, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Quoting sophiesmom07:

I don't open the door.  You do it once and they come back over and over again. My husband opened once and they still come for him.   

Same thing happened to me, they kept coming at the same time and same day for weeks. Sometimes I just didn't open the door and finally told them that I wasn't interested and that my beliefs were not going to change.
starlight1641
by Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:00 PM

I do beleive in god with all my heart but when its starngers it diffrent for to trust them..What I use to do before is answer them through the door and as they speek to me in english I say me no speak English and they just leave...lol and when they got someone next to them that speak spanish I respond to like pretending i'm japanise or some other language I make up...LOL Oh my lord please forgive me...embarrassed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)