Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Two weeks of nothing but bad luck.

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:29 PM
  • 8 Replies

I came back from visiting my parents to a very hot house. My air conditioner broke. My son was house sitting and called to let me know the air conditioner was not working. So it took about three days to get fixed cause everyone that came gave me a price quote of over $1200. I was getting pissed that everyone you called was just seeing money signs. I finally got someone to fix for $500 and that is because I still got screwed. I just went with the one that was not going to screw me as bad. He gave me so much bull and finally told him I know you are talking so much bullshit to me. I know how much freon I need so just tell me how much you want and I won't make a post on you website letting everyone know you screw over a mom of two kids suffering in this heat. I asked him how much he buys his freon for and he said $15 a pound and he is selling it to me for $50 a pound. He says I need 8 to 9 pounds. It only uses 6 and it is not completely empty so the most it would need is 5. Can you believe these people I just do not know if there is any honest people out there. I even checked Angie's List.

Now my car engine light is on. I took it to Auto Zone so they could do the reader and it was the transmission. I took it to a shop someone recommended and it will be over $600. I just can't catch a break. I am bumming rides from my daughter's friends. Just to tell you how bad this is they picked me up with 5 kids in the car. Okay so someone had to sit in my lap.

Okay so if y'all are thinking this might be my karma from MIL getting a ride back with me. It is not this lady is telling me to wait for her and give a ride on Sunday okay no problem. I needed to come home fast cause  my DD got sick and she was very fussy. I wait and on Sunday tells me she is not coming after all. So I drove back with my daughter crying most of the way. Then to find out she did come only with her grandson two days later.

This is how she is. She comes over to my parents house to visit my mother. In my moms home my niece lives there and she is the one that takes care of my parents. She is also about 300 lbs. She has always been sick and nothing helps her loose weight. She does zumba and can move faster than a totally fit person. So my mother tells her she is scared to fall again since they are bad falls and can't get up. My MIl says el gordo de Rene (her boyfriend, yes someone puts up with her) if he falls I would have to call the wrecker service cause no one can lift him up. Why say something like that if front of my niece? I need my luck to change. Send good vibes my way ladies.

by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
RainyRain
by Reyna on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:14 PM

I am so sorry honey =(

You will see, that better and brighter days will be here faster than a blink of an eye.

Sending tons of good vibes your way.baby dust

XoXoXo's

NADIA-R
by NADIA on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:51 PM
I'm sorry things are not going ok. I hate those bad luck patches. I got one not so long ago. You get on the edge afraid to do anything cause it might just go bad. Stay strong Dios aprieta pero no ahorca. Sending a ton of good vibes and pixy dust your way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karladiego
by Karla on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:55 PM

When it rains it pours, doesn't it?. Sorry, you're going through this. Take a deep breath, this is just a bump in the road. Lots of positive vibes and good juju sent your way.

Supervane
by Vane on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Sorry hun, it happens. My cars engine blew out in December and the family mechanic screwed us over royally, he took the car engine since then and my car is still not working! To make matters worse I had payed off the car in October!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IslandBreeze
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Take care to another (one more!) mechanic and ask for a reading. If he says its the transmission, you're out of luck. Just make sure different mechanics are saying the same thing.

Here's why:

My car throws on the engine light OFTEN. The reason for it is that the cataylatic converter hits the upper end of the parameter assigned to the car's computer. If too high, the light comes on. BUT the car is still okay, Just a touch high but nothing to fuss about, says my mechanic. Think about that.

I had a situation with my tires and ditched Tire Kingdom. They kept changin my tires, I kept buyin new tires. So I had enough. SO WHY AM I GOING thru tires so fast? To make a long story short, they said the struts n my car is the problem. Oh Yea? So I check with TWO MECHANICS outside the area. They say BS. Not the struts. These tires are shit. So I ditch Tire Kingdom and my tire buyin has decreased. HAAAA. No more cheap tires either! I used performance tires for all my cars until I became a mom. Then I went cheap. Now my eldest is 7, I haven't used anything but perfeormace tires in past year and half. So there.

twobells
by Orfelinda on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:29 AM

It is very hard to find a honest business that cares and is not willing to just see dollar signs.

Quoting IslandBreeze:

Take care to another (one more!) mechanic and ask for a reading. If he says its the transmission, you're out of luck. Just make sure different mechanics are saying the same thing.

Here's why:

My car throws on the engine light OFTEN. The reason for it is that the cataylatic converter hits the upper end of the parameter assigned to the car's computer. If too high, the light comes on. BUT the car is still okay, Just a touch high but nothing to fuss about, says my mechanic. Think about that.

I had a situation with my tires and ditched Tire Kingdom. They kept changin my tires, I kept buyin new tires. So I had enough. SO WHY AM I GOING thru tires so fast? To make a long story short, they said the struts n my car is the problem. Oh Yea? So I check with TWO MECHANICS outside the area. They say BS. Not the struts. These tires are shit. So I ditch Tire Kingdom and my tire buyin has decreased. HAAAA. No more cheap tires either! I used performance tires for all my cars until I became a mom. Then I went cheap. Now my eldest is 7, I haven't used anything but perfeormace tires in past year and half. So there.

twobells
by Orfelinda on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Thank you

Quoting RainyRain:

I am so sorry honey =(

You will see, that better and brighter days will be here faster than a blink of an eye.

Sending tons of good vibes your way.baby dust

XoXoXo's

twobells
by Orfelinda on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Yes lots of pixy dust.

Quoting NADIA-R:

I'm sorry things are not going ok. I hate those bad luck patches. I got one not so long ago. You get on the edge afraid to do anything cause it might just go bad. Stay strong Dios aprieta pero no ahorca. Sending a ton of good vibes and pixy dust your way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN