Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

LOOK WHAT I FOUND OUTSIDE MY BEDROOM DOOR!!!

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this

For a long long time, my almost 3 year old has been sleeping with me.  Yep.  She slept in her own room since newborn.  Then, around her 20th month, I put her in my bed with me.  Now, a few months back, we sent her back to her own room.  So yeah, we went backwards.

We have been unsuccessful trying to get her to sleep in her bed.  She finds her way back into mommy and daddy's bed every morning.

So, we decided to be more firm and consistent.

This morning, I woke up, and she was not in our bed.  "Finally!"  I thought.  Thinking we had made a major advance in this area, I headed to Emma's room to check on her.  But as I walked out my door, I almost yelped in shock, as I almost stepped on her!  She was sleeping on the floor right outside our door!!!

I stood there transfixed waiting for her to move.  But no, she was dead asleep, right there, on the floor, outside our bedroom door, blankie and everything!! 

Time to come up with a new strategy!  

Did your kid/kids every do this? 
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stephy87
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Lol. That's cute. My daughter is 4 and will come sleep with me sometimes. But it's all fun because we watch movies and stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ekh2010
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:09 PM
We traded her toddler bed for a twin let her pick new sheets andd a new nightlight. We also started a bedtime routine. Wash face brush teeth show book hugs bed. I know its hard....I l o v e my sleep....but getting her settled is very important to us. When she starts crying saying she wants our bed we remind her she can't cuz she's a big girl now adnd gets to do big girl things.....good luck...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
R3G1N4_L0V3
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:10 PM

BUMP!

ebmb03
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:24 PM

How cute!  I was a single mother for awhile, and trained my daughter to sleep in her own room since she was 1.  My son, who is now 3, was born with special needs and sleeps in his twin bed in our room.  Thank God it is a large master bedroom.  I tried having sleep with us one night and he would not have it, he wanted his own bed.  LOL!!!

idee
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Funny... my daughter just crawled in bed with our dogs one night.

mstrendygirl
by Irene-Mexicana on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:14 PM

lol My lil one has her own bed every now and then she tends to crawl in our bed. and when she does i put her back in her bed.  it works most of the time other times she just wants to cuddle

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Jul. 4, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Once in a while, like a camp, it's fun.  Everyday...those little feet sticking in my back..not fun!

Quoting stephy87:

Lol. That's cute. My daughter is 4 and will come sleep with me sometimes. But it's all fun because we watch movies and stuff.

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Jul. 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Thanks!  I hadn't really tried that hard before because my husband travels so much, so I figured, why not?  but when he's home, he really doesn't want her in our bed, so he picks her up and puts her in her bed.  She has a full size bed, with Tinkerbell pillows and everything.  The bed is really low, so it's easy for her to sleep in.  She's find going to bed in it at night...it's in the middle of the night, when she wakes up and wanders into our room.  Of course, I don't close the door because i need to hear if something goes on. 

Quoting ekh2010:

We traded her toddler bed for a twin let her pick new sheets andd a new nightlight. We also started a bedtime routine. Wash face brush teeth show book hugs bed. I know its hard....I l o v e my sleep....but getting her settled is very important to us. When she starts crying saying she wants our bed we remind her she can't cuz she's a big girl now adnd gets to do big girl things.....good luck...

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Jul. 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM

than you!

Quoting R3G1N4_L0V3:

BUMP!

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Jul. 4, 2012 at 6:32 PM

I should have done that...put her in her own bed...even if it's in our room.  We too, have a big master bedroom.  I am thinking about getting her a twin bed, maybe she will like the much smaller bed.  the only reason we got her a full size is because she loves to sleep with a lot of her toys!  LOL

Quoting ebmb03:

How cute!  I was a single mother for awhile, and trained my daughter to sleep in her own room since she was 1.  My son, who is now 3, was born with special needs and sleeps in his twin bed in our room.  Thank God it is a large master bedroom.  I tried having sleep with us one night and he would not have it, he wanted his own bed.  LOL!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN