Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Silly question but wwyd? (Sorry it's long,but how should I deal with this tactfully?)

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:14 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

There are ten families living in our neighbor hood and out of the ten of us only one family has girls (2). Everybody else has little boys ranging from 7 to 18.

Since I have 3 boys and because my hubby insists they have every outdoor "toy"(scooters,bikes,skateboards...etc) out there my house is always full of boys. About a week ago, Steven (neighbor's son) starts to "pretend" wrestle with one of the other boys (not my son) and they hurt each other. Well,Steven goes running off to complain to his mother while I fuss at the boys in my back yard.They have been told time and again that play fighting of any kind is NOT allowed at my house and if they can't follow the rules they need to go home.

Becky (Steven's mom) comes marching over to my house and proceeds to verbally abuse (really rude negative comments. Not cussing,just spiteful) these kids because Steven told her that they were beating him up. She didn't even ask if there was a diff version to the story.It was just her bad luck that she didn't see me standing there while she was yelling at everybody else's kids...Steven can do no wrong. I stepped into her line of sight and told her to stop being so degrading to the boys. She just kept right on yelling and telling me that the entire thing was Brian's fault (This is what Steven told her). None of it could have been Brian's fault,he wasn't even outside! I was giving him a breathing treatment while it was happening!

Becky gets pissy.Tells me that Steven will not be allowed to play with my kids anymore. Ummm,ok?  The only thing that that will acomplish is that Steven has no one to play with.All the other kids in the neighborhood are usually at my house. 

Yesterday morning,Becky's hubby comes over to apologize for her and to swear it won't happen again. Later on in the afternoon Brian comes to the house  in tears because Becky told him to stay away from her son and that he was too old to play with Steven and the other boys!! (Brian is 11,Steven is 9).Bryce and the other boys came to my house to play on the trampoline,and Steven proceeded to fuss at Brian, "Mom said I can't play with you,so you go back in.I don't want to have go home right now! * sigh* I told Steven to go home;I am not going to keep Brian locked in the house just so Steven has someone to play with!! frustrated ( I feel mean.Steven won't have anyone to play with because these kids are always at my house and I WILL NOT punish Brian because Becky is being a witch) Anybody ever have something like this happen to them? Should I talk to her or just keep her away from my kids?Help

"Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional."

by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mrgetinold
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Your house your rules momma! Give becky ( i have a sis with this name and she also feels she can walk all over ppl) some cool off time and when her kid has no one to play with or no one wants him over their b/c he cant play by house rules well then mom and son will either bend and go withthe flow or becky can find some where else to take her son, u stay strong! Hugs
JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Becky can get over herself. Don't punish your children or the other well behaved kids because her brat started the mess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:30 PM
I agree

Quoting JeannetteG:

Becky can get over herself. Don't punish your children or the other well behaved kids because her brat started the mess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maximami
by Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM

All you have requested was the same she wanted for her son! there is nothing wrong with that she will see how it affects her son and (hopefully grow up) apologize and mend ties with you and your son if not... then she can find new friends for her son elsewhere

twobells
by Orfelinda on Jul. 12, 2012 at 3:02 PM

First she needs to apologize not her husband. Second if you feel you should give him a second chance then have a talk to his mom and him together. Let him know your rules in front of his mom and let him know he has one more chance.

karladiego
by Karla on Jul. 12, 2012 at 6:22 PM

We are kind of in the same boat, my son is kind of the new kid in the apartment complex and at first the other kids wanted to blame my son for everything going wrong, my son won't fight unless they really really pissed him off, he would actually walk away but if he has to get into a fight, I personally don't have a problem with it...then I had the kids knocking on my door tattle telling on my son and I just told them: Stop bothering and insulting each other, you're all neighbors and you should all play together and stop the tattle telling and acting like crybabies, solve your problems among yourselves. (I know I am the grumpy old woman that hates kids LOL)

They haven't knocked on my door ever again, we have had the usual, we don't wanna play with you, why don't you go home and not only to my kid but to other kids ( we have 3 really rude siblings that like bullying the others and have the worst of manners and filthy mouths) I told my husband I have become the grumpy lady on Apt D5 and unfortunately SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO BE MEAN with rude obnoxious kids, the only thing I tell my son is if they start with their crap is to just walk away and some of the other kids have started to do the same...so now these kids have learned to behave a bit better after noticing nobody wants to play with them.

Like I said, sometimes you have to be mean for them to understand they're wrong but also consider where it comes from, if her mom is a total beyotch then what can you expect from her kid? If it is your house where all the kids play then you just tell this kid to go ask her mother if he is allowed in your house and he has no right to tell your son to go away in the end it is your house, don't feel sorry for this kid everything that is happening to him it's because of her mother not you.

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Jul. 12, 2012 at 8:24 PM

yes, this!

Quoting JeannetteG:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN