Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

So I think this dr should be sued *UPDATE*

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 7:51 PM
  • 257 Replies
4 moms liked this

A couple friend's of mine took his daughter for a well visit, her pediatrician took a look at her and flat out told her she was fat....FAT!! Not a bit overweight, she plainly called her FAT! And made that poor girl cry and she is 8yrs old for God's sake!!

The dr wanted to put her through all these blood tests and God knows what else to discard diabetes and high blood pressure and other life threatening illnesses...C'mon!! She is a perfectly healthy a bit chubby 8 year old girl. The mother told the dr that she was being insensitive saying all that in front of the kid and the father told her to F*#$& off.

He is looking for a different pediatrician (I even gave him the number of mine) and thinking of suing her (yes, the pediatrician is a woman) which I think it would be the right way to go. The kid is so hurt she wants to go on diets and have those slim shakes, you would think the dr being a woman would be more careful on not causing a complex on a little girl.

Shame on that dr!!

UPDATE: So they took her to a different dr. She is just a couple of pounds over her weight which the dr said it is not a big deal considering she is tall for her age but offered the parents the advice of giving her smaller portions if they were concerned about her becoming seriously overweight, which they were already doing since the previous incident.
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Jul. 12, 2012 at 7:52 PM
3 moms liked this
Omgoodness that horrible
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Jul. 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM
4 moms liked this

wow!  That's horrible!  Poor little girl. 

I went through a similar experience with my 2 year old an her pediatrician.  He told me Emma was 2 lbs overweight!  LMAO!!!  I laughed in his face.  The average 2 year old is 35"-37" tall!!  Mine is 39"!  She's proportionate.  She's at 4T in jeans and dressses, but can fit into a 2T shorts or tshirts because she's thin. 

Supervane
by Vane on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:07 PM
That's just really sad...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karladiego
by Karla on Jul. 12, 2012 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting LMJ1:

wow!  That's horrible!  Poor little girl. 

I went through a similar experience with my 2 year old an her pediatrician.  He told me Emma was 2 lbs overweight!  LMAO!!!  I laughed in his face.  The average 2 year old is 35"-37" tall!!  Mine is 39"!  She's proportionate.  She's at 4T in jeans and dressses, but can fit into a 2T shorts or tshirts because she's thin. 

My son is heavy for his age but he looks thin and he has always been like that and his pediatrician has no problem with that. At this day and age when young girls are so affected by body image and these doctors are so insensitive.

grandeboys
by Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Awww poor girl. . . hopefully a doc will understand what's going on.

PEEK05
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:37 PM
12 moms liked this

I don't think you can sue over that. He should complain to the people in charge at that clinic though.

Star127
by Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:50 PM
5 moms liked this
U know what they say, have a bad experience and tell 20 people, she deserves this kind of free publicity for being a witch of a doctor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:51 PM

wow what a bish yes she should get sued

RainyRain
by Reyna on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:55 PM
2 moms liked this

That's awful!!!

Even if she thinks the girl is overweight and she was really concerned she should have been more cautious with her words. What a witch!!!

twobells
by Orfelinda on Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:35 PM
7 moms liked this

I don't think she can get sued for this. I would go to her web page and post a bad review and let her know why she will be changing doctors. I had a doctor tell me this when I was in my late twenties and I wanted to cry so I can just imagine how this little girl feels.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN