Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"I Love Sex! Let's Have Sex! Sex! Sex! Sex!

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:43 PM
  • 8 Replies

When I was in 5th grade, I was in a very big elementary school.  There were five 4th grade classes.  Or maybe that's normal size?  I don't know.  Anyway, my next door neighbors were twins and were on the same grade level as me, but they were in a different class. We lived on the same duplex rentals.  We played everyday. 

One of the twins started dating a boy from my class, who was part of our group of friends.  Now, remember, we were only 10-11 years old. Back then, we called it "going around." 

Anyway, one day, the boy brought a note to us that my neighbor had sent him.  It said,

"Dear (boy's name),

I love sex!  Let's have sex!  Sex!  Sex!  Sex!

Love,

(Girl's name)"

We were in shock.  Of course, the boys were all, "what are you going to answer her?"  But, us girls, we just stood there with our jaws wide open.  The boy could not stop giggling, as he  was a bit embarrassed by his girlfriends letter.

Now, she was my neighbor, and I am 100% sure that she knew nothing about sex, but she was outspoken like that at times.  We did sneak under her sister's bed, so we could be there when she started making out with her boyfriend, though.  But other than that, she knew nothing about sex.  It was just talk.  Of course, word got around.  Rumors were spread.  Teachers got involved.  Her parents and his parents were brought in.

I must mention, this was a small Texas town, where 16 year old pregnant girls are still sent to a night class so they won't set a bad example for the other "decent" girls. 

I couldn't help feeling sorry for the twin. I knew she was just being her old crazy self.  Sadly, parents and teachers took it to the extreme.  There was a meeting, and all agreed that she would be suspended from school for a week. 

The twin got a belt beating from her daddy. 

It made me think, what if it was my daughter who got caught writing such letter?  How would I react?  While I knew the twin was just talk, her parents and teachers didn't.  Yes, I should have spoken, but I didn't!  At 10, a bunch of concerned parents and teachers seemed very scary. 

How would you react?  Have you ever witness a similar situation? 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Elise_Gurrola
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:48 PM
i would probaly beat my daughters ass aswell. but for her to be suspended from school and teachers and parents getting invovled seems a bit much. it should just of been her parents
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Jul. 13, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I agree.  I think it was because it was a very small town full of conservative people.  Some residents are still trapped in the 1950´s.

Quoting Elise_Gurrola:

i would probaly beat my daughters ass aswell. but for her to be suspended from school and teachers and parents getting invovled seems a bit much. it should just of been her parents

NADIA-R
by NADIA on Jul. 13, 2012 at 3:36 PM
I think I would just have a nice long talk with my girl. My DD is at that age right now and even though kids now have much more info than we ever did a thta age. I don't think she really knows what sex means. We are very open in. My house and she tells me when she likes a boy but she still thinks kissing is gross.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twobells
by Orfelinda on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I would have a talk with her and see if she knew what she was writing. I would also probably have her do some counselling. I would of never allowed the school to get involved if it did not happen in school. This is just a family matter and I would take care of it. My son's friend had a girlfriend send him a text with her naked. Everyone talked about it at school and several kids saw it. School did not get involved  and her dad never found out. In her case her mother left her and her dad always was at work. She always wanted attention and I guess this is what she did.

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Totally.  And you know, I really believe that the twin new much about it, only that it happened between a couple. 

Quoting NADIA-R:

I think I would just have a nice long talk with my girl. My DD is at that age right now and even though kids now have much more info than we ever did a thta age. I don't think she really knows what sex means. We are very open in. My house and she tells me when she likes a boy but she still thinks kissing is gross.

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I agree with you.  It should have been her parents only to deal with.  But this was a very small conservative Texas town.  As I said, teenage pregnant girls are still a cause of shock.  The boy brought the note to school and was showing it around.  Someone told a teacher, and where, there they were, facing a meeting, and suspension. 

I would probably be talking to mine as well. 

Quoting twobells:

I would have a talk with her and see if she knew what she was writing. I would also probably have her do some counselling. I would of never allowed the school to get involved if it did not happen in school. This is just a family matter and I would take care of it. My son's friend had a girlfriend send him a text with her naked. Everyone talked about it at school and several kids saw it. School did not get involved  and her dad never found out. In her case her mother left her and her dad always was at work. She always wanted attention and I guess this is what she did.

karladiego
by Karla on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Well, I am not going into details but let's just say we got a text message sent to my hubby's phone by mistake, it came from my oldest sd and was supposed to go to her bf, she was 14 and the content was inappropriate (very!) my husband yelled, screamed, threatened, made her cry, then her mother did the same. Unfortunately, we need to deal with kid's sexuality and we need to deal with it with the truth and lots of info so if they do take the next step they do it safely.

Then again your town was small, and you know how it is: pueblo chico infierno grande.

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:39 PM

wow!  I can only imagine your dh's reaction!

Yes, everyone there knows each other.  I went back after 10 of not living there, and it has grown quite a bit.  People are less judgmental, but there is still some 1950's mentality in the air. 

Quoting karladiego:

Well, I am not going into details but let's just say we got a text message sent to my hubby's phone by mistake, it came from my oldest sd and was supposed to go to her bf, she was 14 and the content was inappropriate (very!) my husband yelled, screamed, threatened, made her cry, then her mother did the same. Unfortunately, we need to deal with kid's sexuality and we need to deal with it with the truth and lots of info so if they do take the next step they do it safely.

Then again your town was small, and you know how it is: pueblo chico infierno grande.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)