Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm glad to be a Latina

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:19 PM
  • 3 Replies
Here were I live I see often Midle- Eastern women and just the other day I was thinking how glad I am to be a Latina not that they are bad or anything I respect they beliefs and culture but I have met a couple of them personally and they were both forced to marry men they had never met before. One of them married just 4 years ago and has 4 kids already.
What makes you glad to be a Latina??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Supervane
by Vane on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:43 PM
The fact that I'm part of something Big! By that I Mean big family. I have come to realize that it really takes a village to raise a child. When I think back to my childhood there were so many other women who helped raise me, educated me, protected me, and gave me advice. I think that's very normal in hispanic and Latin families.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NADIA-R
by NADIA on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Yes very true. When I was a kid too my granda had a big house and 3 whole families lived there my aunts, uncles, cousins we lived just half a block away I remember we would never worry about going home to eat we used to eat at my grandas my aunts and never ever heard any of them complain about your kid spending to much time at my house.

Quoting Supervane:

The fact that I'm part of something Big! By that I Mean big family. I have come to realize that it really takes a village to raise a child. When I think back to my childhood there were so many other women who helped raise me, educated me, protected me, and gave me advice. I think that's very normal in hispanic and Latin families.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I like being married to a Latino because I love the Hispanic culture and Im proud to raise my kids up in it :) I also love that I am fluent in Spanish :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)