Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My fiance did not invited my son and I to his family reunion

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 5:44 PM
  • 40 Replies

Two years ago, his mother did not wanted my son or I to go to their family reunion since she concider us not family. Even though I had lived with him. Now, that I have been engaged to him for two months without his parents really knowing directly. They have seen my ring on my finger and still didnt say anything. My son and I are not invited to the family reunion. My fiance said because his parent are going. I am getting fed up that he is using his family as an excuse for us not to really be together. Like he doesnt want to spend time with us like a family. Why did he engaged me?

by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LanaTsunami
by Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Ppl are gonna shit on the fact that you didn't use proper grammar and spelling. But that is fcked up on his part. Maybe you should evaluate your relationship with him because if it's like that all the time it could be a sign that he's ashamed of you.
aleman46
by New Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 6:22 PM
If this was me i would talk to him explain how i feel and if his mothers approval is always going to be more important then the relationship. you may not like some of the answers but best not to waste time on someone who is ashamed of u.Set a date when he must tell his family about your.engagement cuz men will wait and u don't want to be the fiancée forever.You can also talk to his mother and try to have some form of communication and where her dislikes are. But stay cool...good luck and trust your gut!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Birdie100
by Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:00 PM

This doesn't sound good at all.  Sounds like he is keeping you on one side and his family on the other.  I would suggest you have a very long heart to heart hell do you want to be married and always excluded?  Sounds like you don't exist and what do you want your son to think a marriage is about?  I do wish you luck, but your fiance doesn't seem like he puts you first. 

wantajr
by Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM
You know something similar happend to sumone i know. His fam Was going to have a meeting and they told her that it was only for fam, yet the brother's 1 week girlfriend went in anyway. She has been married with him 10 yrs and now have 2 daughters. Now this happened about 2-3 yrs ago so if been married to him for that many yrs and still not fam, i dont know what she is considered. Anyway she talked to him and after that there was more stupid shit said and done until He realized that his girls AND his wife were his family and he was going to stick by them no matter what. They dont visit his fam and even if they call eachother is not the same so they just dont visit. Let me tell you they've never been better. I dont know if you want to be married to someone who doesnt include you as his family. And where his family is the one in charge like if they are going to give him what you give him. Im my opinion i'd be damned if i let his fam do that shit to me...good luck and think about it before you make it legal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisMommy4Ever
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Wow that's messed up. I'm usually the one that doesn't like going to my bf's family events only cuz his mom is always there and we don't get along. I would be happy if we didn't go to family events....I just don't like his family for the fact that whatever the case may be they ALWAYS drink. I hate that.....ANd I"m always stuck taking care of my son cuz I have no one to take care of him...so he enjoys his time with his cousins while I'm sitting in a chair somewhere or playing with my son :( I wish he would just cut ties with his mom at least and that we would move far away where he wouldn't have a way of being with his family again....they're just a problem in our relationship.

ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Aug. 12, 2012 at 1:42 AM
1 mom liked this
If it were me I'd be giving that ring back.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Vane on Aug. 12, 2012 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I saw your last post about him not wanting to tell his parents about the formality of your relationship... I replied then to.

Hun talk to him get to the real source of his reasons why his family us excluding you so much! If it had to do with the fact that you have a child either 2 things need to happen 1 you leave him, or 2 he distances himself from the family that doesn't accept you and tells them to get over it.

NADIA-R
by NADIA on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:55 AM
Oh girl you are pretty much in the same boat as me. My DHs mom has never liked me because I have kids from another relationship and just cause she doesn't think I deserve him. At first I thought well I'm better off I don't care what she thinks. But now after 6 years and my DH wanting to go over to see her and have family time with them and putting me on the side has brought me so many arguments. I have told him we are your family now but he says she is my mother and can't just put her on the side and I understand him but at the same time I feel like he doesn't really care about our relationship. So my advice to you is don't let this go any further either you both find a solution for it right now or just say goodbye cause its not going to get any better only worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GOBryan
by Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 9:13 AM

That doesn't sound right. If you are engaged, you are family. Does his parents have something against you? Do you feel that maybe he proposed out of obligation? 

I would certainly be insulted. 

GOBryan
by Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 9:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting ana326:

If it were me I'd be giving that ring back.

No!! Keep the ring and give him back... to his family.. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)