Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

My fiance did not invited my son and I to his family reunion

Posted by   + Show Post

Two years ago, his mother did not wanted my son or I to go to their family reunion since she concider us not family. Even though I had lived with him. Now, that I have been engaged to him for two months without his parents really knowing directly. They have seen my ring on my finger and still didnt say anything. My son and I are not invited to the family reunion. My fiance said because his parent are going. I am getting fed up that he is using his family as an excuse for us not to really be together. Like he doesnt want to spend time with us like a family. Why did he engaged me?

by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Replies (31-40):
kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Aug. 13, 2012 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this
U need 2 kick him in da butt
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marlene992
by Marlene-Cubantina on Aug. 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

woohooI MISS MY GIRLIES!! MAMAS LATINAS ROCK!! I have to agree with the ladies he isn't worthy of your guys relationship. If he don't give a damn & can't back you up (i mean you as your child & you are a package) then he isn't worth it mama let his butt go!!

gammie
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I have a few stories but first, you better understand that if he does not stand up to his family now he will never do it in the future!!! YOU will be left alone to cry every night!!

My mom told me to respect my dh family and I  never said anything. Will now I have cut them off!! Things got worse when you don't put you foot down at the beginning. Don't wait for your dh to say something, YOU must respect yourself first so other know you mean business.

My niece was living with bf for years and his family never liked her, they thought she was high and mighty. His family come from Mexico and they are very poor. Their son had been working his ass off to make something of himself, he told his parents he would never be poor. He has helped his parents with a home and money and is the only sibling that is working hard to make something of himself. They have a great life.

My niece had to point things out to him that she did not feel comfortable around his family. Pointed out at Christmas for years they have never given her a gift. That is just rude. Money or No money you can make something nice or look for a great sale.

So she told him she will not be going with him to his family parties etc. He said he was sorry and should of said something years ago and than before they got married he did work on his parents and pointed out how rude they where being with her and if they don't respect her or accept her as his future wife he will not be coming around anymore.

It took a year for things to get better, but it also took for her man to man up. They are married now and they so far are having a good relationship with his parents.

Your bf is wrong and you better point it out NOW. If he loves you he will put you first.

good luck.

I have a learning problem, my spelling and grammar suck.,  The women on CM are bitches and will point it out. Don't let that stop you form seeking advice. God did not make us perfect is what I say!

karladiego
by Karla on Aug. 13, 2012 at 1:12 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting gammie:

I have a learning problem, my spelling and grammar suck.,  The women on CM are bitches and will point it out. Don't let that stop you form seeking advice. God did not make us perfect is what I say!

Just this point girlie, maybe in other groups some mom are beyotches, but y'all be sure you IS good here with good or bad grammar ;-)  We do not nitpick on those kinds of things, we are all 100% cool here!

JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Aug. 13, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Marlene you made it to the party

Quoting marlene992:

woohooI MISS MY GIRLIES!! MAMAS LATINAS ROCK!! I have to agree with the ladies he isn't worthy of your guys relationship. If he don't give a damn & can't back you up (i mean you as your child & you are a package) then he isn't worth it mama let his butt go!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Aug. 13, 2012 at 7:28 PM

It's all good, chica.  I used to be part of a very popular group that had a lot of activity, and they were really judgemental and mean in there.  I got scurred!  LOL  I go in once in a blue moon for my drama fix.  LOL

Quoting LanaTsunami:

Quoting LMJ1:

Well I didn't know that and I'm sorry. I'm not online much

bbyB10
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:21 PM
It sounds like someone is not ready to become ONE With you , and sounds like someone who wants to act single, I would LET HIM BE SINGLE
Lovingmommy1028
by Vanessa-PuertoRican on Nov. 8, 2012 at 8:54 AM

he is not showing you any respect the is really messed up on his part i would have a long conversation & tell him how you feel about it 

sophiesmom07
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 2:57 PM

That is not acceptable. I would not normally encourage someone to argue or create tension with their family, but if you are engaged,have a son together and plan to be a family, he needs to stand up for you.  If my husband and childfren were not welcome to a reunion, then I would not attend. 

Vanderhyde
by Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 5:23 PM
You need to put a stop to it right now because it will only get worse.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN