Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Honeymoon in JAIL

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:26 AM
  • 12 Replies

Taken from The Stir

There's No Excuse for Leaving Toddlers Home Alone ... Not Even 'But We Were Getting Married!'

Posted by Jeanne Sager
on September 9, 2012 at 9:08 AM

bride handcuffsUnwed parents don't exactly have it easy in our society. Every time they turn around there's another judgmental snob telling them they're failing their kids because they're not married. But let's talk about the parents who ran off to get married this week ... allegedly leaving their three toddlers home alone.

Can you imagine what was going through their heads there? Did Dad turn to Mom and say "Gee, honey, I just can't stand living in sin for one more minute ... let's run off and get hitched"? And no one thought to call a babysitter?

Actually, Florida cops say Kymberely Frederick, 30, and Daniel Richards, 34, did call a sitter ... but it wasn't until after they'd left for their "wedding" at the Seminole County Courthouse. The couple's neighbor, who'd lent them her car so they could go see the judge and make this whole thing legal, then went over where she allegedly found the couple's 1-year-old, 2-year-old, and 3-year-old children ... all home, with nary an adult in sight.

Frederick had also apparently left a note, written out to their two older children who are in school, directing them to give them a call when they got to the house.

Are you getting all this? This couple allegedly left three toddlers alone PLUS they planned to be gone long enough that they expected their other kids would get home from school before they'd returned. It just gets more bizarre by the minute, doesn't it?

Not to mention these parents of five kids decided to get married in the middle of a weekday (!?) without taking their own children along to be part of such a big family event! I was already married when I became a mom, but I don't think I've met a single parent yet who did things in the opposite way who didn't want to include their kids in their major moment. But then, none of the parents I know would leave three toddlers home alone because they know what kind of horrible things can happen when young kids are left to their own devices for even a few minutes!

Fortunately the cops who responded to the neighbor's call found one child in a bed and two more in their cribs, and everyone is physically fine. Frederick and Richards, on the other hand, are now dealing with matching metal bracelets to go with their new rings. They're facing felony child-neglect charges.

Something tells me this is a honeymoon they won't forget ...

What do you think of this whole crazy story?

by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:26 AM
2 moms liked this

These people are obviously idiots and should have never breeded.

karladiego
by Karla on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Lack of common sense and they're is something definitely wrong with them thinking it is okay to leave toddlers alone at home. Plus, I really don't understand why they didn't do the wedding ceremony after the kids came from school and they went as a family...that just baffles me. Whatever they face it is well deserved.

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:37 AM

My first thoughts exactly. I would want my kids to be at the wedding.

Quoting karladiego:

Lack of common sense and they're is something definitely wrong with them thinking it is okay to leave toddlers alone at home. Plus, I really don't understand why they didn't do the wedding ceremony after the kids came from school and they went as a family...that just baffles me. Whatever they face it is well deserved.

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Yep

Quoting JeannetteG:

These people are obviously idiots and should have never breeded.

JCTVCBN
by Marina-Tex-Mex on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Poor kids.

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:21 AM
I know

Quoting JCTVCBN:

Poor kids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Ugh I hope twiddle dee and twiddle dumbass don't get to have those kids back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yu001133shan02
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Poor kids.

Supervane
by Vane on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:45 PM
That's not ok to do! If they went so long with out being married why not wait a few more hours and take the kids all 5!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Ikr

Quoting Supervane:

That's not ok to do! If they went so long with out being married why not wait a few more hours and take the kids all 5!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)