Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Thrift Stores

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:28 AM
  • 27 Replies

Does anyone shop at thrift stores? I found this great one by my work and do not want to let any of my co-workers know about it. I want it to be my little secret. It has great stuff and super cheap. I got two dresses one for my daughter and one for a Halloween prop, two kids books, two picture frames that I will turn into bow holders, lots of lace, two dress that I will use to make two dresses for my daughter and 12 ties to make a tie wreath I saw in Pinterest. All for $23 and they even have a free section. I just needed old clothes for Halloween props, but found so much more stuff I could use for my crafts. Actually I did go back and tell my co-workers and no one had ever noticed it. I left the store singing and dancing. Have you all ever found a place you would like to keep all to yourself?

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Awesome!! No not yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Vane on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Thats awesome!  I like going to old vintage shops to see all the collectables I want but can't buy

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Sep. 12, 2012 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I love my thrift store. I dont buy clothes, but I've gotten decor stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Thats cool, i like thrift stores.

NADIA-R
by NADIA on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM

we have a salvation Army close but last time we went in they charged my DD $30 for a fake leather jacket I was so mad. they gave us a store credit but their prices are $7 and up even for simple shirts. Just not worth it.

ameliacaldeira
by New Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:27 PM

yeah the Salvation Army stores around here are like that too, alot of stuff is broken or bad conditiona nd they still expect you to pay alot for it. I do go to Goodwill- the one in my town is super organized and clean. they have quarter day and ill tell you how fast kids grow its a good thing i only spend a quarter- my nephews have needed new panta and shorts 3times this summer already, and everything looks like it fits and the next hing you know- you cant get it on them! lol

twobells
by Orfelinda on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Wow quarter day I need to look into the Goodwill here.

Quoting ameliacaldeira:

yeah the Salvation Army stores around here are like that too, alot of stuff is broken or bad conditiona nd they still expect you to pay alot for it. I do go to Goodwill- the one in my town is super organized and clean. they have quarter day and ill tell you how fast kids grow its a good thing i only spend a quarter- my nephews have needed new panta and shorts 3times this summer already, and everything looks like it fits and the next hing you know- you cant get it on them! lol

twobells
by Orfelinda on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:25 PM

$30 that is crazy I think the Salvation Army employees pick through all the good stuff and then sell the rest. This thrift store had most of their stuff $3.00 and under.

Quoting NADIA-R:

we have a salvation Army close but last time we went in they charged my DD $30 for a fake leather jacket I was so mad. they gave us a store credit but their prices are $7 and up even for simple shirts. Just not worth it.

twobells
by Orfelinda on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Talking to a coworker she said that all the stuff is from estate sales everything that did not sell. They have to sell everything super cheap cause it is a condition under the donation. She said the first Saturday of the month they open the warehouse and everything is a dollar.

Quoting Supervane:

Thats awesome!  I like going to old vintage shops to see all the collectables I want but can't buy

karladiego
by Karla on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I usually don't get clothes from thrift stores but I'm always on the hunt for books, crystal or decorations, I actually found a couple of wine goblets exactly as the ones that broke during my move to the apartment so my set is complete again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)