Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

My baby is gone!!

Posted by   + Show Post

So most of  you know my many encounters with squirrels, starting with the ones that ate my halloween pumpkins to the ones that actually eat from my hand but we got this lil baby and we took her from being so young eyes still closed to a nice 8 week old and I realized she needed more space and freedom so I had no choice to call a rescue place where she could get a better living and care, my son was the most affected of all of us although I have to admit that I miss her like crazy.

Here are some pics from the last weeks and last night.

Not a happy camper but he wanted one last pic with baby

Last pic of baby...got so big but I am happy knowing that according to the rehabber we did a good job and she is healthy and thriving

this is how she started

by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Replies (11-14):
karladiego
by Karla on Sep. 15, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Quoting ana326:

Awww your such a good mama. You saved its life.

I told my hubby yesterday that I wanted a baby and he looked at me like I was crazy LOL then I told him not a real one more like one of the animal kind and he was like: PHEW!! I dodged this one!! I just smacked him on the head LOL

lizzie_8690
by Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Aww how cute! But I have to ask .. how in the world did u do to get it to let you grab it? Lol I have always wanted to touch one and every time I try to go near one it runs. I can never catch one lol :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karladiego
by Karla on Sep. 15, 2012 at 5:04 PM

This was a little 4/5 week baby, she was with the eyes closed a moved just a little bit, I took care of her up to her 8th week but at this point I was able to grab her whne it was feeding time, she still had formula as par of her diet but she wanted more freedom and space so it was getting more difficult to put her back on her little box and I have the scratches to prove it LOL

As far as adult squirrels, they will go close to you if you feed them but  I wouldn't recommend to try to grab them their teeth and claws are very sharp, they're wild animals so just be careful. If you decide to feed them I have to say they love pumpkins, mines from last year got killed but a pair we have around our apt. LOL

karladiego
by Karla on Sep. 15, 2012 at 5:10 PM

This is one that destroyed my halloween pumpkins and here is another of them taking food from my hubby's hand

Quoting lizzie_8690:

Aww how cute! But I have to ask .. how in the world did u do to get it to let you grab it? Lol I have always wanted to touch one and every time I try to go near one it runs. I can never catch one lol :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)