Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scheduling SEX???

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 8:38 AM
  • 11 Replies

Scheduling Sex May Sound Unsexy but There’s a Way to Make It Hot

Posted by Lindsay Mannering
on September 18, 2012 at 4:17 PM

scheduling sexScheduling sex isn't as unheard of as it once was. I bet, like, 5,000 years ago, the concept of making time to make love was absurd (didn't the Greeks just sit around and bone one another all day long?) but times have changed. Husbands and wives are working, they're getting drinks with friends, they're doing something about Fantasy Football, they're figuring out that Quickbooks thing finally, they're doing all sorts of things. Things they've scheduled. Things they made a point to accomplish.

That's why scheduling sex shouldn't sound that crazy -- you schedule every other thing in your life, so why not add this to the list? It's logical, and I like that. But there's something else couples can schedule that's a little less, uh, scheduled. Here's what I mean.

Instead of sitting down with your spouse and circling the calendar dates in which you are supposed to "do it", why don't you sit down by yourself and schedule a time to be available at home. Once you've made a plan to be plan-free, you're then ready to initiate or receive a sexy spark or two, regardless if it was a "sex night" or not.

Planning a time to be unscheduled and at home can be just as effectual as penciling in times to do the deed. It brings the spontaneity back, which is nice, since you've kind of lost that with the whole appointing-specific-evenings-for-love-making thing. It also brings back the element of surprise -- your partner doesn't think it's a sex night, but BAM, he pulls into the driveway and there you are, breasts bound in bubble-wrap holding a pan of sizzling bacon, ready to get things on. Surprise, indeed.

Setting up a time to have the intercourse is certainly a great way to make sure your relationship stays strong and healthy, but also consider giving yourself a free night at home so that things can happen organically, even if you've kind of planned it out.

Do you believe in scheduling sex?

by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes and no, sometimes we talk about it in advance. But most of the time since we have 3 kids and a kid that we just can't get out of our bed, so we end up doing it whenever we get a free moment.

karladiego
by Karla on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

More than scheduling we do discuss the opportunities...if I text him today I want to have a hot night then we can always get together in the shower if my kid or Skids are still up and about. But we do schedule it for the weekends that I know my son it at his dad's or we know my SDs are going to be here either. Scheduling sex is also like planning date night.

PISCIS29
by Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 3:17 PM
wow? K yo estoy mal x hacerlo cuando estoy caliente? Cuz we don't make appt we just smooosh when were horny jejejelol

CafeMom TickersPISCIS29

Supervane
by Vane on Sep. 19, 2012 at 4:22 PM

We had to this for a while LOL. Some people think it takes some of the romance out of it or the surprise but no with time you get creative and then you know all day that your going to make the magic happen so that adds to the appeal.

We had to do it since we were just so busy. I started looking at which were my least busy days at work  during the week. and his and worked with that.

NADIA-R
by NADIA on Sep. 19, 2012 at 5:26 PM

i would feel weird doing it like that

twobells
by Orfelinda on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:32 PM

No we do not schedule it. We are both busy and tired, but we make sure to get it in.

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:41 PM
2 moms liked this
We make plans for it. We have a small child so we cant just do it when we get the urge.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RainyRain
by Reyna on Sep. 19, 2012 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I have never scheduled sex.

I feel that I wouldn't b able to get in the mood and besides it just sounds too odd for me. 

Terri_K
by New Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:19 PM

oh i know how that goes  that sheduling special momment is not easy

lucyis
by New Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I dislike scheduling but sometimes it has to get done to have that private time cuase kids really do take over lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)