Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you believe?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:23 PM
  • 58 Replies
2 moms liked this

Do you believe in signs from beyond? Has anyone lost a loved one and you feel they sent you a sign. I have been thinking of my mom a lot and kind of talk to her. I just really want to see her and miss her. The other day I was cleaning and I have two glass top tables. I have a sofa table and a table that sits in the middle of my two sofas. both of them have a glass top. I put inside old pictures of my family and one has a book my grandfather used to write in from an organization he belonged to. Well the sofa table I never clean inside or move around because it is tall and my daughter never messes with it. I usually just clean the glass. I don't know why, but I decided to take everything out and clean inside. It also has an old book, but a book I don't even know how I got or why I put it in there. The book has to have been in there for more than 8 years. It laid open inside so when I pulled it out and closed it the title of the book was Leave Her To Heaven. I right away thought this is a sign. I googled the book to see what it was about to see if it had a meaning. But it does not it is about a man falling in love with a women and the women turns out to be evil. It was published in 1944 and in 1945 they made a movie about it. I google the author and nothing there either. Only the title has meaning, well I think it does. Do you think it means anything or am I just hoping to much?  I was thinking she was telling me to stop bugging her and let her be lol. Do you all believe it is possible?

by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Supervane
by Vane on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:29 PM
I do believe. There are a few mediums in my family so from what I understand our deceased ones are in such a peaceful state that it is beyond us. Everyone always says that spirits hefty unfinished business. That's but always so literal sometimes they want to let us know there state is fine. There is no sense in us worrying of there state is such a happy and peaceful one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karladiego
by Karla on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I do believe, I have experienced and my whole family has had experiences with signs from beyond, we have experienced dreams, heard things, felt things...when my son was born the following day he was brought o my bedroom and he was in his crib next to my bed, I turned the tv on and then I noticed my baby smiling, but it wasn't that little smile that goes away quickly since newborns don't smile that much or at least don't react yet that way but he was smiling constantly and it freaked me out a little bit. Well, I was just watching him and then I heard a female's voice calling my name and I felt a had caressing my hair, like a hand running on my head and my heart started beating so fast and I got goosebumps. Right there and then I called back home and asked to talk to my grandma and before I could say anything to her, she told me she went to the cementery to put flowers on my mom's grave and to tell her she had a grandson...when I told my grandma what just happened she just said: I guess your mom went to meet her grandson.

Days before my son was born I was thinking so much about my mom and how much I needed her and how difficult everything was and this was my sign that told me she is always with me, watching over me.

sophiesmom07
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I do believe in signs from loved ones.  I've gotten messages in dreams.   Leave her to Heaven is one of my favorite classic movies, not sure how this can be a message to you, but maybe if you watch it, you'll get something from it. 

twobells
by Orfelinda on Sep. 23, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Wow that is pretty neat, that must of been a great feeling.

Quoting karladiego:

I do believe, I have experienced and my whole family has had experiences with signs from beyond, we have experienced dreams, heard things, felt things...when my son was born the following day he was brought o my bedroom and he was in his crib next to my bed, I turned the tv on and then I noticed my baby smiling, but it wasn't that little smile that goes away quickly since newborns don't smile that much or at least don't react yet that way but he was smiling constantly and it freaked me out a little bit. Well, I was just watching him and then I heard a female's voice calling my name and I felt a had caressing my hair, like a hand running on my head and my heart started beating so fast and I got goosebumps. Right there and then I called back home and asked to talk to my grandma and before I could say anything to her, she told me she went to the cementery to put flowers on my mom's grave and to tell her she had a grandson...when I told my grandma what just happened she just said: I guess your mom went to meet her grandson.

Days before my son was born I was thinking so much about my mom and how much I needed her and how difficult everything was and this was my sign that told me she is always with me, watching over me.

twobells
by Orfelinda on Sep. 23, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Yes I want to go look for it and see if maybe it has something that my mom would want me to know.

Quoting sophiesmom07:

I do believe in signs from loved ones.  I've gotten messages in dreams.   Leave her to Heaven is one of my favorite classic movies, not sure how this can be a message to you, but maybe if you watch it, you'll get something from it. 

twobells
by Orfelinda on Sep. 23, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I think I am not in peace and am in need of a sign that everything I see I want it to be a sign.

Quoting Supervane:

I do believe. There are a few mediums in my family so from what I understand our deceased ones are in such a peaceful state that it is beyond us. Everyone always says that spirits hefty unfinished business. That's but always so literal sometimes they want to let us know there state is fine. There is no sense in us worrying of there state is such a happy and peaceful one

Supervane
by Vane on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:18 PM
I'm not talking about peace for us I'm talking about the peaceful stage the deceased are. If your not accepting her death look into your conscience as to why , the reason must be bigger then you missing her.

Quoting twobells:

I think I am not in peace and am in need of a sign that everything I see I want it to be a sign.

Quoting Supervane:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karladiego
by Karla on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:52 AM

It was scary and touching at the same time. I lost my mom when I was really young and missed her all my life but you had something I didn't: time with your mom, if she had a wonderful, plenty and happy life just keep that in mind, she will always be with you.

Quoting twobells:

Wow that is pretty neat, that must of been a great feeling.

Quoting karladiego:

NADIA-R
by NADIA on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:24 AM
I think so. I became a big believer when my dad passed away. When we found out he died I was at his house looking over at his body and for some reason a song popped in my head I had not hear that song or remembered it since I was a child. I thought nothing much about since the song talks about death.but every time I rembered him that song was in my head.well on his year aniiversary about the same time I believe he passed the radio. In my room went on and guess what was playing ..yep that old song what are the odds. In the morning I get a call from one of my cousins telling me my grandma passed away during the night(my dads mom) coinsidence? Maybe...that day I spent it crying wondering if all meant something.few days later I googled the song.the singer Leo Dan I listened to his songs then I remembered my dad and grandpa used to sing a song to my grandma from him also one song from him he dedicated to my mom. When I was done listening to his songs I felt like my dad had been talkin to me though those songs. One that got me so much was La nina esta triste. After that I understood my dad was ok and he didn't wanted me to be sad. I don't think its a coinsidence you found that book I think it means something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:27 AM
I believe it can happen but it's never happened to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)