Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you believe in signs from beyond? Has anyone lost a loved one and you feel they sent you a sign. I have been thinking of my mom a lot and kind of talk to her. I just really want to see her and miss her. The other day I was cleaning and I have two glass top tables. I have a sofa table and a table that sits in the middle of my two sofas. both of them have a glass top. I put inside old pictures of my family and one has a book my grandfather used to write in from an organization he belonged to. Well the sofa table I never clean inside or move around because it is tall and my daughter never messes with it. I usually just clean the glass. I don't know why, but I decided to take everything out and clean inside. It also has an old book, but a book I don't even know how I got or why I put it in there. The book has to have been in there for more than 8 years. It laid open inside so when I pulled it out and closed it the title of the book was Leave Her To Heaven. I right away thought this is a sign. I googled the book to see what it was about to see if it had a meaning. But it does not it is about a man falling in love with a women and the women turns out to be evil. It was published in 1944 and in 1945 they made a movie about it. I google the author and nothing there either. Only the title has meaning, well I think it does. Do you think it means anything or am I just hoping to much?  I was thinking she was telling me to stop bugging her and let her be lol. Do you all believe it is possible?

by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Replies (51-58):
pampire
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I do believe in things like that.  I always joke that SO is trying to communicate from the beyond by throwing pennies and deck screws in my path.  Ever since we moved in together those two items are everywhere in the house!

MsBlueBelle
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I have mixed feelings on this.  I have lost every member of my birth family.  I even lost a little 2 1/2 year old child.  My Mom died when I was 11 years old, my oldest sister when I was 14, then over the past two years another sister and then my father.  I don't know why people seem to think every thing they owned should be left to my young and uncertain hands.  I followed the instructions to a 'T', did everything they said to do.  I have sold companies, purchased homes for nieces and nephews, set up education funds for them and their families.  The worst had to be when a moving van, a full size moving van delivered the entire contents of my oldest sister's home, my father packed up everything from her home and threw away the key.  Until his Will was read then all this stuff came pouring into my very tiny house.  I have sifted through the majority of it, donated most everything.  I have just finished up the my attorney all of the 50% death tax.  Yikes, millions to the Feds, just because someone died.  So, I have paid for my little bit of Veterans Benefits above and beyond my tours of duty.

The only time I say I have had a 'sign', I was about 15 years old, I was asleep in my bunk bed, top bunk, and I woke up to someone touching me, I could only see a white hazy glow in my room, it was urging me to come with it.  I told it (my sister?) that I was not ready to go yet, but I would when it was time.  I blinked and it was all gone.  I went by that home about five years ago, I knocked on the door.  I told the people there I had lived in this home when I was younger.  They gave me a five cent tour, they asked some pointed questions.  Why did they hear a woman crying in this bedroom?  I told them that was where my sister killed herself.  I went in the room, I sat on the bed, I told her she needed to be at peace, that it was okay, I still loved her and that I would see her again someday, soon.  They wanted to know why a room was locked.  No windows, no basement, I said it was the room that held all of my sisters possessions, that got moved to a locked storage company, up until about two weeks ago, when they arrived here at my home.  I told them that it was just an unfinished room, studs and a shell, and no matter what they did to unlock the door, it would always come back locked.  Sure enough, that is what happened.  They took my phone number, about two weeks after I left and came back to my home, they called there where no more woman's cries.  That room was no quiet and very peaceful. 

I have been nagged by my father's new family he made after my Mom died, because he did not leave them a red cent.  Everything, no matter how big or small, it was all mine.  I did not want any of it, but, (this sounds hateful) I did not want them to have it either.  My father beat my Mom, got married during her funeral mass, stopped the mass, opened the coffin to be sure my Mom was in it, after that, not one of them, I promised myself, would benefit of anything I ever inherited.  I have a mob of people pissed off at me.  I sold the new S class Mercedezs for $1 each, a ton of homes for $2 each, the balance I gave to my church and many charities.  My children are mad at me, they just imagined how much money this all was worth, they never met my father or any of my sisters.  So, I did not want to give them something from someone they never met, nor wanted to meet. 

I kept one painting and two teacups.  That is the sum total of what I have from this man who just happened to be my birth father. 

SMG1120
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:59 PM

When I was 10, I had a best friend whose father died when she was younger. We were staying the night at another friends house. Her parents had this huge mirror in their room along the wall. We were dancing up and down the hall being silly like 10 year old girls do and her parents door was open. I looked at the mirror when I was by the door and freaked out because I saw a mans face in the mirror. I told my best friend and out other friend what the man looked like and my best friend said it was her dad, that he watches over her. A few weeks later my best friend and I were at my house listening to the radio and all of the sudden the radio got so quiet that we could barely hear it. We even turned the volume knob all the way up. As soon as the song was over the radio was back to normal. Very weird. 

A few months after my grandma died, my mom was carrying a huge box filled with pictures from her childhood and adulthood (her siblings, my cousins, her cousins, grandparents, just everyone) and after she got it down to the basement she went came back up to the kitchen and in the middle of the floor was a picture of my grandma. Sign or not? Out of the hundreds of pictures in that box, the one that fell out is of the one person my mom was missing the most at that moment.

When my dad was a teenager, his best friend went hunting with family for the weekend. My dad woke up in the middle of the night because he had a dream that his bestfriend had been shot and died. Less than an hour later the phone rings and he was informed that his best friend was accidently shot and had passed away. Sign or not?

childofgod04
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I do believe. I feel like I get signs from friends and family members. They are weird sometimes but I certainly believe.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TXathomemommy
by Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:19 AM

YES I BELIEVE!  You should watch Long Island Medium on TLC that show is awesome! I think your right about her saying to leave her alone lol! But not so much leave her alone but to me it was to let you know that there is a heaven and that she is fine and that she is always with you and always hears you. On that show she (theresa caputo the medium) tells alot of peolpe things like that, things that happen that same day no one would ever know like a thought they had or something they found and it reminded them of their loved one to validate that she is talking to the person who has passed. So yea it I know its your mama talking to you if there is a smell that reminds you of her or even little small things she use to do thats her way of showing you she is there at that exact moment she is doing those things to show you that she is and always will be there with you. Watch the show you'll know what I mean lol!

twobells
by Orfelinda on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:36 PM

You have lost so many and have been able to do what was ask of you. I think it is great that you were able to talk to your sister and give her the peace she needed.

Quoting MsBlueBelle:

I have mixed feelings on this.  I have lost every member of my birth family.  I even lost a little 2 1/2 year old child.  My Mom died when I was 11 years old, my oldest sister when I was 14, then over the past two years another sister and then my father.  I don't know why people seem to think every thing they owned should be left to my young and uncertain hands.  I followed the instructions to a 'T', did everything they said to do.  I have sold companies, purchased homes for nieces and nephews, set up education funds for them and their families.  The worst had to be when a moving van, a full size moving van delivered the entire contents of my oldest sister's home, my father packed up everything from her home and threw away the key.  Until his Will was read then all this stuff came pouring into my very tiny house.  I have sifted through the majority of it, donated most everything.  I have just finished up the my attorney all of the 50% death tax.  Yikes, millions to the Feds, just because someone died.  So, I have paid for my little bit of Veterans Benefits above and beyond my tours of duty.

The only time I say I have had a 'sign', I was about 15 years old, I was asleep in my bunk bed, top bunk, and I woke up to someone touching me, I could only see a white hazy glow in my room, it was urging me to come with it.  I told it (my sister?) that I was not ready to go yet, but I would when it was time.  I blinked and it was all gone.  I went by that home about five years ago, I knocked on the door.  I told the people there I had lived in this home when I was younger.  They gave me a five cent tour, they asked some pointed questions.  Why did they hear a woman crying in this bedroom?  I told them that was where my sister killed herself.  I went in the room, I sat on the bed, I told her she needed to be at peace, that it was okay, I still loved her and that I would see her again someday, soon.  They wanted to know why a room was locked.  No windows, no basement, I said it was the room that held all of my sisters possessions, that got moved to a locked storage company, up until about two weeks ago, when they arrived here at my home.  I told them that it was just an unfinished room, studs and a shell, and no matter what they did to unlock the door, it would always come back locked.  Sure enough, that is what happened.  They took my phone number, about two weeks after I left and came back to my home, they called there where no more woman's cries.  That room was no quiet and very peaceful. 

I have been nagged by my father's new family he made after my Mom died, because he did not leave them a red cent.  Everything, no matter how big or small, it was all mine.  I did not want any of it, but, (this sounds hateful) I did not want them to have it either.  My father beat my Mom, got married during her funeral mass, stopped the mass, opened the coffin to be sure my Mom was in it, after that, not one of them, I promised myself, would benefit of anything I ever inherited.  I have a mob of people pissed off at me.  I sold the new S class Mercedezs for $1 each, a ton of homes for $2 each, the balance I gave to my church and many charities.  My children are mad at me, they just imagined how much money this all was worth, they never met my father or any of my sisters.  So, I did not want to give them something from someone they never met, nor wanted to meet. 

I kept one painting and two teacups.  That is the sum total of what I have from this man who just happened to be my birth father. 

twobells
by Orfelinda on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Thanks I am going to look for the show.

Quoting TXathomemommy:

YES I BELIEVE!  You should watch Long Island Medium on TLC that show is awesome! I think your right about her saying to leave her alone lol! But not so much leave her alone but to me it was to let you know that there is a heaven and that she is fine and that she is always with you and always hears you. On that show she (theresa caputo the medium) tells alot of peolpe things like that, things that happen that same day no one would ever know like a thought they had or something they found and it reminded them of their loved one to validate that she is talking to the person who has passed. So yea it I know its your mama talking to you if there is a smell that reminds you of her or even little small things she use to do thats her way of showing you she is there at that exact moment she is doing those things to show you that she is and always will be there with you. Watch the show you'll know what I mean lol!

twobells
by Orfelinda on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Wow I would have freaked out too seeing a mans face in the mirror. I would not mind seeing my mom again though.

Quoting SMG1120:

When I was 10, I had a best friend whose father died when she was younger. We were staying the night at another friends house. Her parents had this huge mirror in their room along the wall. We were dancing up and down the hall being silly like 10 year old girls do and her parents door was open. I looked at the mirror when I was by the door and freaked out because I saw a mans face in the mirror. I told my best friend and out other friend what the man looked like and my best friend said it was her dad, that he watches over her. A few weeks later my best friend and I were at my house listening to the radio and all of the sudden the radio got so quiet that we could barely hear it. We even turned the volume knob all the way up. As soon as the song was over the radio was back to normal. Very weird. 

A few months after my grandma died, my mom was carrying a huge box filled with pictures from her childhood and adulthood (her siblings, my cousins, her cousins, grandparents, just everyone) and after she got it down to the basement she went came back up to the kitchen and in the middle of the floor was a picture of my grandma. Sign or not? Out of the hundreds of pictures in that box, the one that fell out is of the one person my mom was missing the most at that moment.

When my dad was a teenager, his best friend went hunting with family for the weekend. My dad woke up in the middle of the night because he had a dream that his bestfriend had been shot and died. Less than an hour later the phone rings and he was informed that his best friend was accidently shot and had passed away. Sign or not?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)