Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Holy Cheeseballs (would like to use an expletive) school pics are pricey!!

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:35 AM
  • 9 Replies

Ok, so my oldest SD is a senior this year and she got her pictures taken yesterday, one in her cap and gown and another one like a regular school picture but in a nice dress. Well, guess what?? the less expensive package costs $115 and it doesn't even include an 8x10, only 5x7s!!

My husband is dreading having to deal with his ex and ask for the pictures she's getting to make copies from them (one time he did that she told him: screw you! pay for your own package) and just getting an 8x10 costs $56....I told my husband he needs to order at least the cap and gown picture ad maybe get the other one through his daughter to make copies.

Are senior pics this expensive?? or are these ridiculous, outrageous prices?

by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Senior pictures are very expensive. When my oldest graduated, I paid well over $400 for his package.

When my middle one graduated, I hired a amatuer photographer that took location pictures for us. She did the editing and put them all on a disc. We then took the disc to a professional printer and had the pictures printed. The cost was half of what we paid for my oldest because she was not attached to a studio. The pictures were excellently done and we ended up with the same amount of prints as we did with my older son.

JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Yes they are crazy expensive!

karladiego
by Karla on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Wow!! We did see that the most expensive one was $485...and I was totally shocked! I think we are just going for one 8x10. But the idea of an amateur photographer is really good.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Senior pictures are very expensive. When my oldest graduated, I paid well over $400 for his package.

When my middle one graduated, I hired a amatuer photographer that took location pictures for us. She did the editing and put them all on a disc. We then took the disc to a professional printer and had the pictures printed. The cost was half of what we paid for my oldest because she was not attached to a studio. The pictures were excellently done and we ended up with the same amount of prints as we did with my older son.

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:01 AM
I better start saving now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Vane on Sep. 25, 2012 at 1:10 PM
That is expensive. Can he maybe take her to a studio or private photographer and get her his own pics? Many times those are much more affordable than the school pics
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NADIA-R
by NADIA on Sep. 25, 2012 at 1:20 PM

ugh don't remind me my DD is graduating this coming year and they are already asking for the payments for the graduation package nearly $200. and that only includes one pic of them. Plus the pressure of filling out applications for collage is starting soon.

karladiego
by Karla on Sep. 25, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Quoting NADIA-R:

ugh don't remind me my DD is graduating this coming year and they are already asking for the payments for the graduation package nearly $200. and that only includes one pic of them. Plus the pressure of filling out applications for collage is starting soon.

And we have three more to go...yikes!! Don't even want to think about it.

mstrendygirl
by Irene-Mexicana on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I was thinking the same thing

Quoting kgmmw:

I better start saving now

twobells
by Orfelinda on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Very expensive!! When my oldest son graduated he had done baseball and football all four years. His senior pics were in cap and gown, baseball uniform, football jersey, one dress up and one casual. I have a big family so they all get one of each or the complain. When my second son graduated even though he was in sports he did not want any pics. And my daughter had everything set upfor pictures to be taken outside and then at the last minute said no pictures. I was upset though cause I really wanted pictures of her. So I guess I saved money with my other two.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN