Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Moms who have a son

Posted by   + Show Post
Their was a post in my due date group and I wanted to ask it again over here to see what you think. Did you cicumcised your son Or will you if you have a son one day? I never heard of what circumcision was until yesterday when a lady posted it... And this is also my first son so i had no idea what it was to do so. I was just curious on knowing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Replies (11-17):
karladiego
by Karla on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:27 PM

I agree with this...mine is.

Quoting Supervane:

I have a girl, but in my family all boys are circumcised. And the ones.who aren't (3 of them).were born with retracted or torn. So if I had a boy there would be no Question he would be.

There are benefits to doing it and not doing it. It's a personal choice. Some people do it for cultural or religious reasons. Others for cleanliness, or health on the future. some don't do it to let the boy chose in adult hood.

Again it's a choice I'd your Childs father is around or you have a trusted male family friend get opinions from the men in the end they know what it's really like.

vjnj2007
by Joanna on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:37 PM
I have 2 boys who are not, We find it not necessary. It's a personal decision though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:44 PM
I'm having a boy soon...After all the research we decided to not circumcise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Navymommy18
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:47 PM

My son is. Reason being that I did it to reduce risks of infection.

brandyblx
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:11 PM

We didn't circumcise any of my boys. My hubby thinks that he has lost some of the sensitivity there because of his circumcision. Idk,I don't have one so I let my hubby decide.

finnbar
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Quoting sophiesmom07:

I did circumcise my son, although it's not necessary.  I did it for cleanliness reasons and because it is said to reduce the risk of infecton. It's a personal decison so discuss with your obgyn. 

bearing in mind that your OBGYN stands to make some MONEY by recommending a circumcision ;)

alicechavez13
by New Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:00 AM
My oldest son isn't circumcised only cause I couldn't afford it than or else he would be. My youngest son is circumcised. I'm glad our insurance covered it this time around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN