Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

ladies my self esteem is so low right now..

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:35 PM
  • 16 Replies
So I've been stressing out sooooooo much lately I'm now having these horrible ugly cold sores on my lips. Last week I had a break out with 3 and this morning I got one more!! It's embarrassing cause I have people make stupid comments like oh you have the herpes virus ouch who did you kiss? OMG seriously!! And I work with people all day I feel like they are staring right at my lips.

Do you suffer from this as well? If so how do you get rid if them?

I've bought that expensive abreva cream and it doesn't work.
This morning I burned a lemon on the stove top and put it on my lips. The acid is supposed to cut it short or something like that. This is something I remember my aunt telling someone when I was younger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NADIA-R
by NADIA on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I'm sorry about that. I don't get them but my cousin does and  she used to see a herbalist she told her to boost her immune system with vitamin C and something called Lysine. she used to put on tea tree oil on the sore and that helped. and you know stress makes them worse stress is very bad for your health. hope this helps you a bit and try to relax and ignore ignorant people who don't know $hit.

RainyRain
by Reyna on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:04 PM
I was going to suggest Abreva but I guess it doesn't work.
It might be something else, you might have to see a doctor for a prescribed ointment.

Hope it goes away soon.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Vane on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Well it is a type of herpes. they do have rx ointments to help with them. I had my first outbreak at 16, my mom freaked out and i had an RX ointment for like ever.and when I would feel the tingle i would apply it and it was gone. yeah I was kissing alot of people at that age lol. I didn't have another outbreak until I was like 22, and I had another one about 8 months ago and those are the only ones I've had.

While they do suck it's best to not mess with then when they are full blown sores, and not touch them. You could make it worse and keep on irritating it, or continue to spread it on yourself or someone else because they do spread thru touch. Just keep it moisturized with good old fashioned Vaseline. Those OTC creams Work best before it's a fill blown sore
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:32 PM

You poor thing!!!! Tell them that 90% of adults have Herpes so STFU!!! Ok so I know stress brings them on so that definietly is more then likely what brought them out. I have only had one outbreak ever and that went away on it's own. I'm sorry I can't be of much help I don't know much about them. 

karladiego
by Karla on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:24 PM

I had them twice and both came when I was going through a lot of stress, first of all, you need to take a breather, I only used otc meds and I mixed it with that medicated blistex and do not touch it, you will irritate it more.

Now, the usual joke it's about herpes but basically most of us have the virus and it could get active at anytime and especially when you stress...so tell them to F&%$ off. I did the lime thing with salt, burned and hurt like hell but it do helps to heal.

ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Thanks ladies. Yes I know it is the herpes simplex virus and its common in most the population. Some people have it but don't know cause its dormant most of the time.

Ugh my lips are so swollen I look like shanaynay.. the hot lemon helped though. I'm drinking vitamin C too. Thanks for the tips ladies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:05 AM
I will tell you what works for me. I get them during th cold months without fail.

Yogurt. When you feel that itchy sensation on your lip that foreshadows a blister. Apply yogurt. Do it then!!

Bacteria in yogurt kills them! But it must be done before it turns into a full blister.

You can try now. See what happens. I put yogurt all day. The following the area is healthy again.

Quoting ana326:

Thanks ladies. Yes I know it is the herpes simplex virus and its common in most the population. Some people have it but don't know cause its dormant most of the time.

Ugh my lips are so swollen I look like shanaynay.. the hot lemon helped though. I'm drinking vitamin C too. Thanks for the tips ladies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:10 AM
Get the Dannon yogurt. Plain. The acidophilous bacteria kills the bacteria that is in the cold sore. It dries it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:18 AM
Purell also kills it. Just like it kills the bacteria on your hands, it does the same on cold sores.

I have never bought cold sore treatments. Yogurt has worked for me. I also heard Cool Whip but I have not trried that one.

Balmex. It kills diaper rash and it will kill the cold sore bacteria. I used this one. Again, apply as soon as you feel the tingling sensation and it will disappear by the next day wirhout even rhe cold sore forming!

Preparation H. Yes! Apply also as soon as you feel tingling.

Lastly, smirnoff vodka. My neighbor uses this one and he claims it dries them out! Good luck Ana!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Thank you so much!! I will keep those yogurt handy..

Quoting LMJ1:

Purell also kills it. Just like it kills the bacteria on your hands, it does the same on cold sores.

I have never bought cold sore treatments. Yogurt has worked for me. I also heard Cool Whip but I have not trried that one.

Balmex. It kills diaper rash and it will kill the cold sore bacteria. I used this one. Again, apply as soon as you feel the tingling sensation and it will disappear by the next day wirhout even rhe cold sore forming!

Preparation H. Yes! Apply also as soon as you feel tingling.

Lastly, smirnoff vodka. My neighbor uses this one and he claims it dries them out! Good luck Ana!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)