Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

ladies my self esteem is so low right now..

Posted by   + Show Post
So I've been stressing out sooooooo much lately I'm now having these horrible ugly cold sores on my lips. Last week I had a break out with 3 and this morning I got one more!! It's embarrassing cause I have people make stupid comments like oh you have the herpes virus ouch who did you kiss? OMG seriously!! And I work with people all day I feel like they are staring right at my lips.

Do you suffer from this as well? If so how do you get rid if them?

I've bought that expensive abreva cream and it doesn't work.
This morning I burned a lemon on the stove top and put it on my lips. The acid is supposed to cut it short or something like that. This is something I remember my aunt telling someone when I was younger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Replies (11-16):
lormand10
by Laura Elena-Mexicana on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:38 AM

My sister in law has to be on a prescription.  Besides using remedies on the cold sores, you also need to address the stress.  There are some breathing, yoga and meditation techniques you can learn that you can actually use in the office when you are alone and during your lunch (I'm assuming you get lunch).  The stress has to be worked on too so that you don't get the sores in the first place.  But one of the ladies mentioned to about boosting your immune system since it sounds like it has been compromized.  Good luck!

Vanderhyde
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:01 PM
You need to make an appointment with your doctor so they can prescribe you a cream that cream works I forgot the name but my sister used to get them all the time and she used that cream and she hasn't gotten a single one.
karma729
by Karina-D.R. on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:38 PM

best medicine i've been given is called ZOVIRAX i beleive is only by prescription,  it heals my blisters in 2 days if i dont put it before they come full blast.  hate those things.  i get them when stressed out or change of weather.

Itzy0ll0tl
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:37 AM

in mexico I use Cicloferon it takes them out of your mouth in 5 days

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Aww Ana I'm sorry Chica ;/ I hope they go away soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KPNJ2009
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Awww..I got my first one last year and it was horrible. I usually use abreva but you said it doesnt work. I would try to increase your immunity, take vitamin C pills..its hard to OD of vitamin C so take a couple a day. Buy some raw organic honey and apply it to the cold sore (can't be the processed type, raw honey is an anti bacterial) also apply tea tree oil to is overnight (tea tree has anti viral properties)...hope they go away soon..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN