Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Would you forgive her and become her loving sister? Update in blue

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a story to tell and then I want to ask a question. Maybe I'll get some honest answers.

When my 11 yr old was 8 months old we ended up moving in with my father and stepmother. At the time they had my stepsister living there with her children also. My stepsister is crazy....mean crazy.

As we were living there we found out that Brian (my son) was/is allergic to powdered laundry soap. We bought him dreft and kept his stuff (sheets,clothes,bibs....etc) away from everyone else's. He is also asthmatic so we really don't want to mess around with his allergies. So,Joy (evil stepsister) gets mad at me for some stupid sh!t and instead of talking to me. She starts pulling mean little pranks. She "mistakenly" cut all the sleeves off my hubby's uniforms...etc.

And one night Brian stays awake ALL night. He wouldn't eat, he wasn't cold he wasn't hot. I changed his bottom like 7 times...thought maybe he's teething;tried motrin. Nothing worked. I sat in a rocking chair and held my crying son all night. At around 7:00a.m. I got up fed my oldest....and went to change my baby,again. His butt was raw and blistered,bleeding. I couldn't believe it...I'd changed him just 2 hours before. He hadn't even been wet. We went ahead and took him to the ER and found out he was having such a bad allergic reaction to something that it gave him a yeast infection!! The doctor gave us a t-shirt from the hospital and a clean pampers...we didn't know at this point what had caused it. As soon as they started the meds and changed his clothes he settled down and fell asleep. The doctor told us to take him home and re-wash his clothes/sheets just in case.

By now maybe you guessed what happened? My dumb-ass stepsister dumped powdered tide into Brian's dreft. And I'd changed him so many times that I'd managed to put him in something washed with it.We moved out the next day and I will NEVER forgive that bitch for hurting my son!!

My stepmom says that bygones should be bygones.And I should forgive and forget. I can't. My question is:

Who's wrong? Should I try to forgive crazy bitch or should I tell my stepmom I'm sorry but hell no?!

(ETA: I am not still FURIOUS at her.I just don't trust her (even after 10 years) and I would rather her not be a part of any of my son's lives. No me cabe en la cabeza como una mujer ADULTA pueda lastimar con tanta maldad a un bebe.) Sorry about the Spanglish.

Joy called me at work.She was crying-she wants to know WHY I hate her so much!!! She says she HAS to drive through Ms. and she thought her family would be happy to help her save some money(by not making her go to a motel). I had to tell her that I wanted her NOWHERE near my kids and if she couldn't remember why it was probably better that she stayed away. She giggled (GIGGLED) at me "Oh,that....it was harmless fun!" 

DAMN WITCH!!!!!!!! She's not even remotely sorry.

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
SSK_English
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:27 AM
it s so awesome & terrible! you are bound to be careful of her. good luck for you an your ds!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Vane on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:09 AM
I don't think its a matter of forgiveness its a matter of safety! Next time your step mother brings it up remind her of the things she's done. Remind your step sister on how you can't trust her every chance you get to!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:13 AM
This!! Crazy bitch would be lucky that I didn't cut her for that "prank". Oh hell no.

Quoting acrogodess:

If you mess with my children, you're lucky if ALL I do is cut you out of my life. I'd be more than likely to stab someone for hurting one of my babies on purpose, simply to be spiteful

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Quoting NADIA-R:

Forgive maybe forget hell no. Someone who knowingly hurts or puts the health of an inocent child needs to be in a mental institution. I would stay as far away as posible. What's going to happen next time she gets mad put poison in your food I bet she will.

These are my guesses as well. That was more than cruel to cut your Dh's clothes up and to knowingly contaminate your son's clothes. I don't see a problem with trying to at least move past these issues. But I wouldn't expect to have anything more then a civil relationship with her.

karladiego
by Karla on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Personally , I would have beaten the crap out of her and then I would have called the police, because what she did was harming a defenseless baby. I am sorry but I wouldn't be able to forgive either, once you hurt my family you are out of my life!

Civil maybe and still wouldn't be able to trust her anywhere near my kid, which would make things awkward which means I would rather have out of my life, for me it will end like that.

bozobean
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:48 AM
I don't blame you. That kind of evil and crazy she is doesn't go away. She's a sociopath. I would never trust her either.

Quoting brandyblx:

The thing that got me is that EVERYBODY in my father's household knew to be careful with/around Brian's stuff. His asthma was really bad while he was a baby....thankfully he only got a yeast infection.It could have caused him to stop breathing! This episode lets me know without ANY doubts that she doesn't care if she seriously hurts somebody!

We were celebrating my father's b-day and Joy tried to hand Brian his cake and ice cream....I took it away from him and threw it away.And then I gave Brian a piece that I cut and she hadn't touched.I can't trust her anymore or at all,kwim?!

Quoting NADIA-R:

Forgive maybe forget hell no. Someone who knowingly hurts or puts the health of an inocent child needs to be in a mental institution. I would stay as far away as posible. What's going to happen next time she gets mad put poison in your food I bet she will.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bozobean
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:05 AM
This step-sister has serious mental problems to do what she did. She needs a psychiatrist. Her mother is a pathetic excuse for acting like it's no big deal. She should be ashamed of what her daughter did, and be apologizing profusely to you. Personally, if it were me, I would never trust the step-sister near my child again. Tell the step-mother that forgiveness is beside the point. It's a safety issue because her daughter is a psycho who has harmed and endangered the life of a helpless infant, and until she takes her head out of the sand, realizes and acknowledges it, you don't care what she thinks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:17 AM

If she was an adult when she did this then I would not forgive her.  Anyone who would intentionally hurt a child like that must be insane.

brandyblx
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:29 PM

She was 30 or 31

Quoting sophiesmom07:

If she was an adult when she did this then I would not forgive her.  Anyone who would intentionally hurt a child like that must be insane.

gammie
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:33 PM
He'll NO if she can hurt a baby she could and can also kill. she could Never be around me Or my kids ever again and I would check to see if she can be brought up on charges.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)