Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you forgive her and become her loving sister? Update in blue

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a story to tell and then I want to ask a question. Maybe I'll get some honest answers.

When my 11 yr old was 8 months old we ended up moving in with my father and stepmother. At the time they had my stepsister living there with her children also. My stepsister is crazy....mean crazy.

As we were living there we found out that Brian (my son) was/is allergic to powdered laundry soap. We bought him dreft and kept his stuff (sheets,clothes,bibs....etc) away from everyone else's. He is also asthmatic so we really don't want to mess around with his allergies. So,Joy (evil stepsister) gets mad at me for some stupid sh!t and instead of talking to me. She starts pulling mean little pranks. She "mistakenly" cut all the sleeves off my hubby's uniforms...etc.

And one night Brian stays awake ALL night. He wouldn't eat, he wasn't cold he wasn't hot. I changed his bottom like 7 times...thought maybe he's teething;tried motrin. Nothing worked. I sat in a rocking chair and held my crying son all night. At around 7:00a.m. I got up fed my oldest....and went to change my baby,again. His butt was raw and blistered,bleeding. I couldn't believe it...I'd changed him just 2 hours before. He hadn't even been wet. We went ahead and took him to the ER and found out he was having such a bad allergic reaction to something that it gave him a yeast infection!! The doctor gave us a t-shirt from the hospital and a clean pampers...we didn't know at this point what had caused it. As soon as they started the meds and changed his clothes he settled down and fell asleep. The doctor told us to take him home and re-wash his clothes/sheets just in case.

By now maybe you guessed what happened? My dumb-ass stepsister dumped powdered tide into Brian's dreft. And I'd changed him so many times that I'd managed to put him in something washed with it.We moved out the next day and I will NEVER forgive that bitch for hurting my son!!

My stepmom says that bygones should be bygones.And I should forgive and forget. I can't. My question is:

Who's wrong? Should I try to forgive crazy bitch or should I tell my stepmom I'm sorry but hell no?!

(ETA: I am not still FURIOUS at her.I just don't trust her (even after 10 years) and I would rather her not be a part of any of my son's lives. No me cabe en la cabeza como una mujer ADULTA pueda lastimar con tanta maldad a un bebe.) Sorry about the Spanglish.

Joy called me at work.She was crying-she wants to know WHY I hate her so much!!! She says she HAS to drive through Ms. and she thought her family would be happy to help her save some money(by not making her go to a motel). I had to tell her that I wanted her NOWHERE near my kids and if she couldn't remember why it was probably better that she stayed away. She giggled (GIGGLED) at me "Oh,that....it was harmless fun!" 

DAMN WITCH!!!!!!!! She's not even remotely sorry.

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Replies (41-50):
karladiego
by Karla on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:58 AM

She definitely has her priorities and realities waaaayyyy out there, I would never let anybody touch my kid, my hubby disciplines him but would never lay a hand on him or would I permit that. Like I said before, there is something wrong with her mentally and she may need some help but for what you're saying, her mother is such a big enabler it's not even funny.

Quoting brandyblx:

I walked away.I was afraid of WHAT I would DO to her if we stayed there.

I've never understood her "REASONING"....What could have possibly made her attack an 8 month old? Maybe she is just a coward,she attacks those that CAN'T defend themselves?! The reason she got so mad at me and started this $hit is because I told her to stop letting her  "man" (any guy that beats a baby is NOT a man imho) beat her 3 yr old son. I defend HER child so,she hurts mine...makes sense,right?! NOT

Quoting karma729:

anybody thatwould Harm my kids on purpose have no businness being around my family.  if that wouldve been me the outcome would've been a little different. 

brandyblx
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:46 AM

BUMP!

Terri_K
by New Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:48 AM

I WOULD TIE HER UP IN BARBED WIRE AND LEAVE HER OUT IN THE WOODS  SOME WHERE SOME ONE MIND FIND HER AND IF NOT WELL THAT IS HER PROBLEM

MY HUSBAND SAID HE GIVE HER TENT AND LET HER FIND HER OWN PLACE TO STAY WITH IT

JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Maybe you should put laxatives or something that will make her sick for awhile in her food if you see her again...after all it's just harmless fun...

twobells
by Orfelinda on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I would forgive her. I would forgive her only cause I know forgiving her is more for me to be able to move on. Forgiving her does not mean that you have to have her part of your life. Once you forgive her you will be able to move on and let go of the anger. Forgiving someone is never easy and sometimes you wonder if there is certain things that are unforgivable. She will still have to answer to her crime you just don't have to worry about her anymore. Let your family know that you forgave her a long time ago, but will for your family's safety you will not have her part of your life. 

I have been through this many times. I had to forgive because at times the anger had me down so low I could not breath. I forgive, but choose not to be part of that person in my life. Try to think of it in many different ways to see if you can be able to forgive her.

brandyblx
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:11 AM

BUMP!

edithch
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:36 AM
You took it well, if i were you i dont know what would have come out my mouth(with stepmom).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ebmb03
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:43 PM

I would forgive her, I am saying to forgive her because that is what God would want us to do.  Other than that I would keep her away from my baby and family.   Harmless fun my ass, send her to a motel. 

HisMommy4Ever
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Fuck no. I would not forgive her. That's your little baby....wtf is wrong with people?! My MIL never did anything close to hurting my son but she's done some pretty fucked up shit to ME. And I will NEVER forgive her. EVER! And neither should you. Maybe just don't hold so much anger inside you cuz she's not in your life anymore but no...don't let her back in your life....

sophiesmom07
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Wow.   Good, let her spend her money on a hotel. Disgusting. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)