Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Old Man Lost it at Walmart

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:16 PM
  • 28 Replies

Today, I went to Walmart to get the oil changed for my truck.  While they did it, I went browsing through the store.  30 minutes later, I decided to check on the progress.  Surprisingly.  They were done, and my truck was parked at the front ready to go. 

I went up to the register, and no one was there, except an old man waiting like me. 

"Have they serviced your vehicle?" He asked. 

"Actually, they're done," I said, "I'm just waiting for someone to come and take my money."

"I've been here for a while and I have seen NO ONE!  Where are they?"  He sounded somewhat upset.

At the moment, a young girl, employee of Walmart, enters with a customer and does somthing, and then, she and the customer walk out again, without acknowledging the old man or I.  The old man and I just stared after them.  "Where the hell did she go, now?" He throws his arms in the air to show he is pissed.

We wait a little bit.  Then, in enter 3 mechanics to drop off some keys.  Old man, wastes no time:

"I'VE BEEN WAITING HERE FOR A VERY LONG TIME, AND NOT ONE OF YOU MOTHERFUCKERS HAVE TAKEN CARE OF ME!!  NOT EVEN A SIMPLE FUCKING HELLO I'VE GOTTEN!!!  YOU ARE ALL STANDING AROUND DOING NOTHING!!!  NO ONE CHECKS ON CUSTOMERS!!!"

Two of the mechanics managed to escape, while the slowest one was forced there to look at the man, dumbfounded.  He didn't know what to tell him.  Clearly, mechanics don't really take orders, the associates do.  He looked all around, looking for an exit or a way to get out of the situation.  His chance came when the girl re enters again.  Mechanic quickly says, "She will take care of you," and walks away quickly. 

The girl looks at the man nervously, and says, "Let's go to your car, so we can take your info." 

"YOU MEAN, YOU WANT ME TO GO OUTSIDE TO GIVE YOU MY CAR KEYS!!!  I HAVE THEM HERE!!!  WHY THE HELL DO I NEED TO GO OUTSIDE, FOR??"

But the girl had already walked out, so he had no choice but to follow her.  I was so engrossed with the situation enfolding before me that I had not noticed there was a new person behind the register.  She took my money, I got my keys, and headed outside. 

Outside, I saw the old man, a mechanic, and the girl, were around to what seemed to be his car, and he was still yelling all kinds of obsenities.

My reaction was, "wow!!" 

I am shocked that some people still think that they can go to Walmart and get quick service.  When I go to Walmart, I never expect to leave quickly.  I never expect to not wait for service.  I know how it is.  They are packed with customers, and have very little employees. 

I've always witnessed people losing their patience while there.  Some have left entire shopping carts full of food, because they got tired of waiting to pay.  I always go to Walmart on a day that I have very little to do, and I'm not in a hurry.   Or I go early in the mornings when everyone is still asleep. 

I remember not too long ago, I was behind a elderly couple who was trying to pay in the self pay register.  Behind me, was a very impatient man who was grunting and moaning loudly as to let us know he was in a hurry, and was tired of waiting.  The old lady kept looking at me, and apologizing for taking so long.  I finally told her, "it's ok.  Take your time.  I am in no hurry.  This is Walmart!  People should know they have to wait.  Take your time, that way you won't over pay for anything!"  The lady smiled appreciatively at me, and continued, just as the asshole behind me let out a few choice words, and walked away to find another cash register.  The old couple and I looked at each other and laughed at him. 

What about you?  Do you get impatient at Walmart?  Have you witnessed rude and impatient people?

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gammie
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:03 PM
I have had the same thing happen to me waiting to pay for my car service. They walk by with out acknowledging you and that is bad service!! I went and got someone to help me and another costumer.
RainyRain
by Reyna on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't shop at Walmart. I hate it! I have maybe gone 2 or 3 times the most and I just can't go back. I don't like their service, the place looks crappy and the darn intercom announcement drive me insane. 

RainyRain
by Reyna on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:33 PM

On another note, Lluvia I love how your eyes look on your profile pic.
Super Sexy!!! ;) ;)

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Oh yeah...I hear ya!!!  I go there with low expectations, just so I can pay less.  I never expect great service, nor to be served in a timely manner.   I strictly go for the convenience. 

They are horrible at that.  The girl clearly could have said, something like, I'll be right with you!  Or explain to him better why they needed to go outside.  Usually, you drive up, and they meet you outside.  They take your vin number, and they take your keys outside, and then, you walk inside while they drive the vehicle away. 

The old man, parked outside, and then, walked in.  I think no one took care of him was because they did not see him outside.  Still...

Girl told me she was going to call me when car was ready.  She didn't.  I went to check on it, and it had been sitting there ready to go.  No one called.  Horrible service...yet, not surprised.  It is walmart, after all.  shrugging

Quoting gammie:

I have had the same thing happen to me waiting to pay for my car service. They walk by with out acknowledging you and that is bad service!! I went and got someone to help me and another costumer.

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:13 AM

haha...!  Thanks!!  I use a lot of youtube tutorials...this was a trial and error.  I tried a tutorial to get the Kim Kardashian look, and ended up messing it up, but came out with this and I loved it. 

Quoting RainyRain:

On another note, Lluvia I love how your eyes look on your profile pic.
Super Sexy!!! ;) ;)

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I go to Walmart in the mornings when everything is freshly stocked and in its place.  I avoid it during the weekends, and on weekdays after 5 pm.  I made the mistake of shopping there on the day before Christmas.  It was horrible!! 

Quoting RainyRain:

I don't shop at Walmart. I hate it! I have maybe gone 2 or 3 times the most and I just can't go back. I don't like their service, the place looks crappy and the darn intercom announcement drive me insane. 

Supervane
by Vane on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:32 AM
the only problems I've had at Walmart have mostly been with other people not so much staff. Other than one time a cashier flipped me off to my face. My friend and I were horrified. I was sick, alone and carless she had given me a ride and was nice enough to help me pick up some meds. We were in the express lane. I had like maybe 5 items. She.double charged 2 of them and I said something. So she removed them and then again double charges the next item. When she was done she shoved the receipt in the bag. I asked for it politely when I should have demanded it. She pulled it out and said I corrected the mistake hands the receipt to me, I look down to read it and when I look up she's got the middle finger in my face. All I could say was I was checking your mistakes... Even the other people in line noticed her rude behavior. we.complained in the costumer service they called the store manager and pulled the security tape it was very clear in the recording. They called her of the register right away. But not even the manager offered me an apology or an explanation. Nothing! What's wise was that this cashier.had all the little stars on her name badge, with the many years of service etc...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NADIA-R
by NADIA on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:37 AM
The Walmart we go to always has enough employees but we do notice them wandering out of their area and talking with other employees of non work related stuff. So if we need help we have to be chasing them around. My DH always stay at the car service area he never leaves his car there alone he once got a scratch when they were working on it. He got so pissed and they all denied it said it was like that when he came in. My DH inspects his car daily so we knew it wasn't. But we have learned to deal with them we still love shopping there the prices are just to good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twobells
by Orfelinda on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I hate Walmart, I never shop there. My husband in the other hand likes it and goes. I just had a lot of crappy service and hear how they treat their employees that I refuse to give my money to this company.

karladiego
by Karla on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Well, I would be pissed if they don't even acknowledge me, if they did and then I have to wait that's a different story...WalMart is WalMart: cheap prices, so-so service. So if somebody goes there, then you go at your own risk.

Although, I have to say that if I need help with something I do follow associates like gum on a shoe LOL otherwise you stay there forever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)