Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Old Man Lost it at Walmart

Posted by   + Show Post

Today, I went to Walmart to get the oil changed for my truck.  While they did it, I went browsing through the store.  30 minutes later, I decided to check on the progress.  Surprisingly.  They were done, and my truck was parked at the front ready to go. 

I went up to the register, and no one was there, except an old man waiting like me. 

"Have they serviced your vehicle?" He asked. 

"Actually, they're done," I said, "I'm just waiting for someone to come and take my money."

"I've been here for a while and I have seen NO ONE!  Where are they?"  He sounded somewhat upset.

At the moment, a young girl, employee of Walmart, enters with a customer and does somthing, and then, she and the customer walk out again, without acknowledging the old man or I.  The old man and I just stared after them.  "Where the hell did she go, now?" He throws his arms in the air to show he is pissed.

We wait a little bit.  Then, in enter 3 mechanics to drop off some keys.  Old man, wastes no time:

"I'VE BEEN WAITING HERE FOR A VERY LONG TIME, AND NOT ONE OF YOU MOTHERFUCKERS HAVE TAKEN CARE OF ME!!  NOT EVEN A SIMPLE FUCKING HELLO I'VE GOTTEN!!!  YOU ARE ALL STANDING AROUND DOING NOTHING!!!  NO ONE CHECKS ON CUSTOMERS!!!"

Two of the mechanics managed to escape, while the slowest one was forced there to look at the man, dumbfounded.  He didn't know what to tell him.  Clearly, mechanics don't really take orders, the associates do.  He looked all around, looking for an exit or a way to get out of the situation.  His chance came when the girl re enters again.  Mechanic quickly says, "She will take care of you," and walks away quickly. 

The girl looks at the man nervously, and says, "Let's go to your car, so we can take your info." 

"YOU MEAN, YOU WANT ME TO GO OUTSIDE TO GIVE YOU MY CAR KEYS!!!  I HAVE THEM HERE!!!  WHY THE HELL DO I NEED TO GO OUTSIDE, FOR??"

But the girl had already walked out, so he had no choice but to follow her.  I was so engrossed with the situation enfolding before me that I had not noticed there was a new person behind the register.  She took my money, I got my keys, and headed outside. 

Outside, I saw the old man, a mechanic, and the girl, were around to what seemed to be his car, and he was still yelling all kinds of obsenities.

My reaction was, "wow!!" 

I am shocked that some people still think that they can go to Walmart and get quick service.  When I go to Walmart, I never expect to leave quickly.  I never expect to not wait for service.  I know how it is.  They are packed with customers, and have very little employees. 

I've always witnessed people losing their patience while there.  Some have left entire shopping carts full of food, because they got tired of waiting to pay.  I always go to Walmart on a day that I have very little to do, and I'm not in a hurry.   Or I go early in the mornings when everyone is still asleep. 

I remember not too long ago, I was behind a elderly couple who was trying to pay in the self pay register.  Behind me, was a very impatient man who was grunting and moaning loudly as to let us know he was in a hurry, and was tired of waiting.  The old lady kept looking at me, and apologizing for taking so long.  I finally told her, "it's ok.  Take your time.  I am in no hurry.  This is Walmart!  People should know they have to wait.  Take your time, that way you won't over pay for anything!"  The lady smiled appreciatively at me, and continued, just as the asshole behind me let out a few choice words, and walked away to find another cash register.  The old couple and I looked at each other and laughed at him. 

What about you?  Do you get impatient at Walmart?  Have you witnessed rude and impatient people?

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I hate going to Walmart too yikes!!! I only go when I am on a tight budget!! Other wise I keep my butt out of there because I am one of those impatient A-holes. Which is why I do my best to see that I help my customers as quickly as possible.

Last night I went to a fancy grocery store called Wegmans for the first time to look for a specific Pumpkin Ale. While I was impressed with the store I was not impressed with the new cashier. No this is not because she was new...it's because she wouldn't move her ass or call the manager when she needed help!!! She would just stand there and wait until the manager coincidently walked past us. I was so damn pissed...stuff like that makes me not want to shop at a store.

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Holy shit!!!!!  That's crazy!  I remember when I worked in a department store, one of my co-workers, was one of those rude people you always hear about....well, she was rude to a customer, and the customer threw the merchandize at her!!!  She had it coming!  LMAO! 

Quoting Supervane:

the only problems I've had at Walmart have mostly been with other people not so much staff. Other than one time a cashier flipped me off to my face. My friend and I were horrified. I was sick, alone and carless she had given me a ride and was nice enough to help me pick up some meds. We were in the express lane. I had like maybe 5 items. She.double charged 2 of them and I said something. So she removed them and then again double charges the next item. When she was done she shoved the receipt in the bag. I asked for it politely when I should have demanded it. She pulled it out and said I corrected the mistake hands the receipt to me, I look down to read it and when I look up she's got the middle finger in my face. All I could say was I was checking your mistakes... Even the other people in line noticed her rude behavior. we.complained in the costumer service they called the store manager and pulled the security tape it was very clear in the recording. They called her of the register right away. But not even the manager offered me an apology or an explanation. Nothing! What's wise was that this cashier.had all the little stars on her name badge, with the many years of service etc...

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Dang!  that's crazy!!!  I love going to walmart because I go to places like Jiffy Lube or MIDAS or whatever they're called, and they are always trying to sell me new stuff that my truck needs.  At walmart, they just do whatever you ask them to do, and they leave you alone.

I kid you not.  I bought my truck brand new.  Three months after I had it, I went to get it's first oil change. Ok...I know it's because i am a woman, but the asshole who was doing the oil change, brought me the truck's filter (which was still white and almost new), and said it was dirty and needed to be changed for a new one.  Then he brought me another part, and also offereed to replace it for a new one.  I told him, "dude, the truck is 3 months old!!!"  He was all, "oh I'm just suggesting..."  Whatever!  He knew dam well, that a brand new truck did NOT need anything replaced just yet!  It's always like that.  Also, there was a Firestone, right down the street from my hosue, and I loved goign there as well...and again, they would pull out their sales pitch, trying to sell  me something that without it, my truck would not work...here we are, 6 years later, and my truck runs very good, and nothing has been replaced! 

Quoting NADIA-R:

The Walmart we go to always has enough employees but we do notice them wandering out of their area and talking with other employees of non work related stuff. So if we need help we have to be chasing them around. My DH always stay at the car service area he never leaves his car there alone he once got a scratch when they were working on it. He got so pissed and they all denied it said it was like that when he came in. My DH inspects his car daily so we knew it wasn't. But we have learned to deal with them we still love shopping there the prices are just to good.

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I avoid weekends and weekdays after 5.  I usually go early in the morning, and never had a problem.  But yeah, the service is terrible. 

I go there expecting the worst.  It's down the street from my house, it's cheap, and it's open all hours.  I just avoid the weekends.  LOL

Quoting twobells:

I hate Walmart, I never shop there. My husband in the other hand likes it and goes. I just had a lot of crappy service and hear how they treat their employees that I refuse to give my money to this company.

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yeah...!  I agree!  The man had every right to be pissed.  I  mean, the girl walked in, ignored us and walked out...a simple "I'll be right with you," would have lessened the already intense situation.  But she didn't. 

My point is, I can't believe that people go to Walmart expecting quick and great service. 

We all know most of us go for the prices and the convenience.  I always go, never expecting any type of superb service.  And when I do get it (which I have), I am totally shocked!  LOL

Quoting karladiego:

Well, I would be pissed if they don't even acknowledge me, if they did and then I have to wait that's a different story...WalMart is WalMart: cheap prices, so-so service. So if somebody goes there, then you go at your own risk.

Although, I have to say that if I need help with something I do follow associates like gum on a shoe LOL otherwise you stay there forever.

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I think that the majority of the people who go, just do it because it's convenient, the prices, and they are open anytime!!! 

that's why I go.  I never expect any great service or a quick check out. 

See, I go to Albertson's when I am out of milk, and because it's like, behind my house.  They are way overpriced, but, my God, their customer service is superb!!!  Sometimes, I want to pay the price because of the service I get....but I will not do my 2 weeks grocery shopping there!  I just can't afford it!  Everything there is like 25-50 cents more than everywhere else!!!  For example, their store brand milk, is $2.89 a gallon.  Walmart has theirs for $2.49.  It's milk!!!  Once in a while it's fine 25 cents more won't kill you...but buying a lot of food there does make a huge difference in your bill! 

Quoting JeannetteG:

I hate going to Walmart too yikes!!! I only go when I am on a tight budget!! Other wise I keep my butt out of there because I am one of those impatient A-holes. Which is why I do my best to see that I help my customers as quickly as possible.

Last night I went to a fancy grocery store called Wegmans for the first time to look for a specific Pumpkin Ale. While I was impressed with the store I was not impressed with the new cashier. No this is not because she was new...it's because she wouldn't move her ass or call the manager when she needed help!!! She would just stand there and wait until the manager coincidently walked past us. I was so damn pissed...stuff like that makes me not want to shop at a store.

jes_eli_0710
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:52 PM
I usually never get impatient with anything. Unless its something that only takes 5 to 10 mins to get done & I'm waiting for 30 to 45 mins. Then yes! But usually No. Plus I consider myself a big Walmart fan so I know how it is because I am usually always there. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Quoting LMJ1:

I think that the majority of the people who go, just do it because it's convenient, the prices, and they are open anytime!!! 

See, I go to Albertson's when I am out of milk, and because it's like, behind my house.  They are way overpriced, but, my God, their customer service is superb!!!  Sometimes, I want to pay the price because of the service I get....but I will not do my 2 weeks grocery shopping there!  I just can't afford it!  Everything there is like 25-50 cents more than everywhere else!!!  For example, their store brand milk, is $2.89 a gallon.  Walmart has theirs for $2.49.  It's milk!!!  Once in a while it's fine 25 cents more won't kill you...but buying a lot of food there does make a huge difference in your bill! 

Quoting JeannetteG:

I know what you mean amiga. That is why I shop at like 5 different stores hehe. Not in the same day but just depends where I am coming from and how much i'm buying etc.

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:29 PM
I'm used to the same bull crap so it doesn't bother me anymore. I just don't go when I know it's super crowded and they have no cashiers (usually the weekends) go figure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karladiego
by Karla on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Damn!! Here in NJ a gallon of milk is 3.99!! ATt WalMart you can find it at 3.69

Quoting LMJ1:

Quoting JeannetteG:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)