Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Zumba and Prostitution

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:02 AM
  • 8 Replies

Alleged Zumba Studio Prostitution Ring Was Town’s Sweaty Secret

Posted by Ericka SĂłuter

zumba

When you think of Kennebunkport, Maine, images of lobsters, sailing, and even the Bush family retreat come to mind. What you don't think of is seedy sex scandal -- that is, until now. The swank, coastal town is where a prostitution ring was being run out of a local Zumba studio

A local fitness instructor, Alexis Wright, has been charged with running the illicit business out of her gym and secretly taping the "dates." Now the entire town is waiting to see whose names pop up on the list of johns as the investigation unfolds.

Wow. I suppose that would explain a husband's surprising, new interest in Zumba class. I almost feel bad for them. This kind of scandal not only ruins reputations (remember ex-NY governor Eliot Spitzer and his high-priced call girl), but also families.

Police say they confiscated over 100 hours of video of the encounters and they have already begun issuing summons to Wright's customers, who include doctors, lawyers, law enforcement officials, and a television personality. It will be absolutely mortifying facing the PTA or women's auxiliary club after your hubby's scandalous sex fetish is revealed.

I guess the prostitutes and the alleged madam shouldn't be the only ones who have to pay for their crimes. Exposure is one of the best ways to deter men (especially wealthy or high-profile ones) from seeking out ladies of the night. It's just too bad their wives and kids will suffer in the process.

What do you think of this?

Do you think we will be seeing big names coming out from this scandal?

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AmaliaD
by New Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:05 AM

i support the legalization of protitution.  if is it adults and they can pass std tests.  who am i to say they are wrong.    its not something i want my tax dollars dealing with...  put that money into schools or roads or libraries.   i dont care as long as no one is a sex slave (that doestn want to be...lol)  and no one is a minor.   i dont care for zumba class, i have two left feet!   pilates and yoga are more my bag.

twobells
by Orfelinda on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Omg how embarrassing. I can't even imagine the names that will be coming out and the poor families that will be affected. This is awful and then  taping them. I guess for her protection to use as a plea deal??

NADIA-R
by NADIA on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM

wow I bet they thought no one would ever find out. nothing stays secret for ever. I wouldn't want to be in their place.

karladiego
by Karla on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:56 AM

This why I always say that Karma is a beyotch, you do something bad it will come back to bite you in the a$$. I'll just wait to see whose names come up but being such a high end clientele I wouldn't doubt that somebody important will come up.

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Haaaa!!! Sucks to be them!! I can't wait to see the names revealed!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Vane on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:35 PM
I would be one of the people waiting to find out the names
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Woah!! Sucks to be them right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Wow. How embarrasing. Oh well, when you lay down with dogs...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN