Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Positive Affirmation....

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM
  • 14 Replies

Have you ladies heard of positive affirmation? some people call it different things but they all do pretty much the same thing.

writing down the things you want like a brand new car then meditating on it until you get it. some I have heard do it very often and always get what they want.

I know I have done it with out knowing of this I used to do it when I was young I would want certain kind of shoes and I would picture them in my mind then a few days later my mom would show up with the same shoes for me.

Have you done it before?

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Nope. But I guess ill start writing notes and picturing myself winning millions from the California lottery. See if I win.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. I try to think positively and envision things I want.  Keeps me focused. :)

twobells
by Orfelinda on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:39 PM

I have heard of it, but never done it. I heard of a lady posting pictures of a house she wanted. She would cut out magazine pictures of furniture, curtains and everything she wanted in the  house. She ended up getting the house and everything she wanted in it.

sophiesmom07
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Quoting twobells:

I have heard of it, but never done it. I heard of a lady posting pictures of a house she wanted. She would cut out magazine pictures of furniture, curtains and everything she wanted in the  house. She ended up getting the house and everything she wanted in it.

That's awesome! I do that, they're called vision boards.   

RainyRain
by Reyna on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:13 PM
I haven't but I shall give it a try. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twobells
by Orfelinda on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Yes that's right vision boards. I couldn't think of the name.

Quoting sophiesmom07:

Quoting twobells:

That's awesome! I do that, they're called vision boards.   

mum1
by Divia on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:01 PM
i have heard of them but have not done one myself.
Supervane
by Vane on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Good reminder, I'm going to start
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DCR1
by New Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Its a funny thing you should post this, my sister and i do something like that, ever since our younger days we get magazines and window shop you should see the state of the pictures when we are done window shopping, however we always manage to get at least one or two items of our dreams out of the deal before tossing said magazine, or at least something close to it.

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Yes. There a re few websites that allow u to create an online vision board. I cant think of any links right now but google it. I created a few, but I want to do a real one.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)