Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Your child is FAT

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:56 PM
  • 23 Replies
So if one of your friends kids were overweight for their age, would you tell your friend that their kid is fat and that they should be on a diet???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ana326
by Ana-Mexicana on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:58 PM
No. If it was family...yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:07 PM
No. They know their kid is fat. They know they are not doing their child a favor. Best way to let family and friends know is by example. If you aren't healthy looking yourself, you have no right to advice others even if it's for their own good.

Parents make this mistake because their children refuse to eat the food they are served. I have seen many parents cook different things at mealtimes to please everyone.

I have a 3 yr old. Either she eats what I make or she does not eat. Believe me, she is very picky. But give her 2 hours, she will come back and eat it.

She spit the broccoli over and over one time. But kept putting in her mourh because she was hungry. In the end she ate half of her broccoli portion.

There is no junk food in my home. The only snacks are fruit, no butter popcorn, and whole grain goldfish. Her treat are her daily vitamins and juice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:13 PM

No , I wouldn't. They are probably aware and aren't doinmg anything about it.

NADIA-R
by NADIA on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I have and yes they did not listened to me ofcourse. I didn't say it in a mean way but in a way for her to see that his weight was not healthy. she disagree he now strugles with type 2 diabetes and he is only 12.

KariC33
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this

No I wouldnt, I think its disrespectful .. I mean its not like they havent realized their kid was fat.. If they arent  doing anything about it its her kid, her choice so i dont have a saying in that. Plus maybe it isnt the kids fault... maybe he has diabetes? So I have no business to start saying stuff it would just be rude. (well to me)

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't be able to tell my friend that if I were in this position
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Of course. I mean, I honestly believe that they are very aware of their child's weight. They are not blind. I'm sure they are able to compare their fat child against other kids.

I honestly and wholeheartedly believe that you cannot shame people into changing.

It's like telling a battered wife, that her husband is an asshole so she can leave him. She knows that first hand!

You only alienate people, by telling them things like these. You end up looking like asshole. I only give advice when asked.

Quoting kgmmw:

I wouldn't be able to tell my friend that if I were in this position
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:40 PM

No, I wouldn't but if she came to me concerned I'd give her tips to help her/him out. 

Army-Wife0128
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:44 PM

No. I'm sure they know their kid is fat and if they know and still not doing anything about it, me saying something doubt it will change anything.

RainyRain
by Reyna on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:05 PM
This

Quoting ana326:

No. If it was family...yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN