Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

S***ty teachers...

Posted by   + Show Post

Im soo pissed...my son doesnt enjoy art at school, cause his teacher constantly tells him that he's not doing anything riight. That freekn miserable wiitch, who does that to a kindergarderner i mean really hes only five.  Isnt art suppose to be self expressive anyways? I tell ya, im ready to set up a meeting w/this ahem, lady so i can stick a freekn crayon in her eye.  I cannot wait for him to come home..so i can ask him how Art went today.  If hes not having fun...ima be at that school, no kidding. 

My hubs doesnt want me to stir things up...asual. lol But uh, uh...this lady is not gonna mess with my sons creativity. 

frustrated

by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Replies (11-17):
January1964
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Talk to the teacher. If that doesn't help, talk to the principal. I remember my brother got a D+ on a clay elephant he made when he was about 5 or 6. My mother called the school and said, "You can't grade art." She gave them a talking to. My poor brother was very upset.

sophiesmom07
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting LMJ1:

Wow!! I'm 34, and can't draw for shit!!!

Quoting sophiesmom07:

Aww, I hate to see a child's feelings hurt. My daughter's pre-k teacher was the same way. She always complained to me that my daughter couldn't draw (she was 4!) I don't get why some people are teachers.

I know, I can't either! Apparently, other kids in the class were able to draw houses and rainbows and my daughter could only draw  happy faces.  Well, she can draw those other things now  (she's 5.)     What an alarmist! 

Lovingmommy1028
by Vanessa-PuertoRican on Nov. 9, 2012 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

that is not nice poor little guy

twobells
by Orfelinda on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I would go and set up a conference with her. I think she is just being picky about every thing.

JCTVCBN
by Marina-Tex-Mex on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry mama,
I know I'd be mad too.

If I were you,
I'd set up a meeting with the teacher and the principal.
So that the principal knows what's going on, and
So that you won't be alone with that teacher.
Good luck. : )
gammie
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Go in and say something NOW! This is BS art is about self expression.

Tell her, her job is encourage not discourage!!

Sorry but your dh is wrong, as a mom your job is to make sure your child is being taught and not being abused. Don't be afraid to stand up for your child.

Being Hispanic i was not treated well in school, they did not want to wast their time with me. I was taught nothing!!! So with my kids I was in their schools keeping an eye on their teachers. I volunteered all the time (until high school) and I'm glad I did.

My kids got A's until high school than they got a B and one C in math.
Im proud my kids are very smart and it was because I worked hard to make sure they where taught and make sure they enjoy reading.
datcrazyhoe
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:58 PM

My thaughts exactly...shes an a**hole.  lol   Jai told me she wasnt there to teach or should i say, critisize art on friday.   I tell ya, i soo cannot wait to bump into this teacher at school this week. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN