Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Still Sick!!!

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:42 PM
  • 12 Replies

It is going on two weeks and me and my little one are still sick. We have gone to the doctor twice already and just more meds. My little one has pneumonia, a sinus infection and had a ear infection. She does not seem to be getting better. She spits out most of her medication and that's probably why she is not getting better. We have tried everything to give her the medication and no good. I have never had this much trouble giving medication to any of my other kids. Any ideas? How do you get your little ones to take the meds?

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RainyRain
by Reyna on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:22 PM
How old is she?
I use to trick my kids when they were babies, I would pour their medicine on the nipple and put the bottle in it. It worked like a charm.
Now that they are older I have their medicine and/or flavored and bribe them. I tell them that they will be able to watch tv, get a new toy or go to MacDonald's if they drink their meds. (Even if the medicine has been used you can have it flavored, you just need to tell them how much medicine you have given.

Good Luck.

Hope you & your little one feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twobells
by Orfelinda on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:55 PM

She will three in March. We used to put it in her drink and it used to work now she can tell and spits it out. We did get it flavored and no luck. She fights us and the medicine is all over use and her. Her breathing treatments are the only thing we don't have a problem with.

Quoting RainyRain:

How old is she?
I use to trick my kids when they were babies, I would pour their medicine on the nipple and put the bottle in it. It worked like a charm.
Now that they are older I have their medicine and/or flavored and bribe them. I tell them that they will be able to watch tv, get a new toy or go to MacDonald's if they drink their meds. (Even if the medicine has been used you can have it flavored, you just need to tell them how much medicine you have given.

Good Luck.

Hope you & your little one feel better soon.

sophiesmom07
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Can you mix it to some yogurt?  This might sound mean, but if nothing else works, I would make her take it.   If she doesn't take it or no tv / or favorite activity / snack. 

Supervane
by Vane on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Put it between her cheek and tongue.as far back as possible using a syringe. Do it fast and have her tilt her head back slightly whole doing it. This was hopefully she intakes it before she had a chance to spit it out. If you put directly on her tongue or from a cup she has more of a chance to taste it and spit it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:37 AM
I know this sounds mean but squeeze her nose and she will swallow it. Hope you all feel better soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Oh no that's awful! Feel better soon!

karladiego
by Karla on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I had to do this with my son many times when he was younger and I have to say it does work.

Quoting Supervane:

Put it between her cheek and tongue.as far back as possible using a syringe. Do it fast and have her tilt her head back slightly whole doing it. This was hopefully she intakes it before she had a chance to spit it out. If you put directly on her tongue or from a cup she has more of a chance to taste it and spit it out.

twobells
by Orfelinda on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:08 PM

We already do that. It is like she is one step ahead of us. She has bionic ears and hears what we are saying so when we are going to do something she already is ready for us.

Quoting kgmmw:

I know this sounds mean but squeeze her nose and she will swallow it. Hope you all feel better soon.

twobells
by Orfelinda on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Do that. Today I put my leg over her legs, my husband hold her hands, my daughter had her head tilt back and pinched her nose and my son opened her mouth and put the medicine in. We all high five each other then turned to look at her and she was spitting all of it out. We were like WTF, no way she could of not swallowed. She is something else. Next time hold her down a little longer before we celebrate. Good thing is she is eating more today.

Quoting Supervane:

twobells
by Orfelinda on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Thanks

Quoting JeannetteG:

Oh no that's awful! Feel better soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)