Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Holiday Time

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:45 PM
  • 9 Replies

How do you all decide where to spend the holidays? Is it a big fight as to where to go for Thanksgiving or Christmas? We have to stay home cause of my job, but last year I got to go home. My DH does not really care to spend it with his family, but two years ago we had Thanksgiving in two different places. His brother was in town from D.C. and paid for a hotel for us to stay in for three days. It was here in town, but I did not care to spend Thanksgiving in a hotel. It was a nice golf resort and had lots to do I just did not feel like going and then driving all the way to my job at 3am. He went with the baby and I stayed with my older son. My two other kids went home to spend it with my parents. I wanted all my family together, but did not feel like arguing or keeping him from his brother. Or do you all try to spend a little time with everyone?

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Supervane
by Vane on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:55 AM
I stopped.stressing over holidays I began to loathe this time of year because it was always a big problem. Thanksgiving is never an issue but Christmas is!

I said to everyone you all know where I live, I have food you can come visit me. Its been working. I got sick of having to pack up my home and kitchen to go elsewhere to someone elses kitchen and home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:00 AM
We have a tradition that we do every year
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Well now that we live in VA and his family lives in GA AND FL and mine lives in AZ. We had to make the choice to travel or to not travel this year. Since we decided to travel we then had to decide which holidays to spend where. Which was pretty easy when it came down to it because his family prefers TG and mine prefers XMAS. 

twobells
by Orfelinda on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Yeah that is a hassle. I can't go to anyone's house cause I work retail. I never get family over for the holidays everyone prefers to stay back home.

Quoting Supervane:

I stopped.stressing over holidays I began to loathe this time of year because it was always a big problem. Thanksgiving is never an issue but Christmas is!

I said to everyone you all know where I live, I have food you can come visit me. Its been working. I got sick of having to pack up my home and kitchen to go elsewhere to someone elses kitchen and home.

twobells
by Orfelinda on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:32 PM

That was pretty easy.

Quoting JeannetteG:

Well now that we live in VA and his family lives in GA AND FL and mine lives in AZ. We had to make the choice to travel or to not travel this year. Since we decided to travel we then had to decide which holidays to spend where. Which was pretty easy when it came down to it because his family prefers TG and mine prefers XMAS. 

karladiego
by Karla on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Well, when it comes to the kids we have them for Thanksgiving every other year and when it comes to Xmas one year Xmas eve and the next Xmas day. As far as family is concerned, my hubby's family are out of state so we don't get to see each other, we are planning an Easter reunion with my BIL and SIL's and my hubby's only aunt some times spend the holidays with us. Not much of an issue for us.

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:14 PM

We spend it at home.  We'd like to travel next year, but this year, it will be at home, as my husband is required to travel soon after it is over.  

RainyRain
by Reyna on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:34 PM
My in laws moved out of state a few years ago, so we go to my Mom's for the holidays.
Before we would go to Thankgiving to my mom's, Christmas at my in laws and we would celebrate new years with some friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I try to keep it simple. We spend it together or we don't go anywhere.  I  spend Thanksgiving with my in-laws and Christmas with my parents.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)