Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Gift or Gift Card?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:25 PM
  • 11 Replies

Do you like to go looking for that perfect gift or go the easy route and get a gift card? I like to go and look for a nice gift for my family and friends. For my boss or co-workers a gift card. My DH does not like to shop and just gets gift cards for everyone. I also like to wrap and make the big bows on the gift. Plus if it is a child I feel they like to unwrap a gift and have a toy to play with.

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Supervane
by Vane on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:00 AM
Gift!!! I only do a gift card when I completely give up.

My DH's grandparents are terrible gift receivers if they don't like they tell you I the spot! last year I got them a San Marcos blanket from the cobija guy at the swap meet. They loved it so much they asked for another one! I couldn't believe it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:59 AM
I like to do gifts unless I have no clue what to get someone
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JCTVCBN
by Marina-Tex-Mex on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I've always given gifts.
sophiesmom07
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I prefer to get gifts. I sit with my coffee and the tree on while I wrap gifts. I love it! I only get a gift card for my dh's teen nephew because he's at that age where we don't know what to get him.

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:56 AM
I do giftcards when I don't know the person well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
karladiego
by Karla on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Me too, but we also do gift cards for my older SD's, they're teenagers and they're happier when they have money they can use whatever way they want LOL

Quoting kgmmw:

datcrazyhoe
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I used to love going shopping and finding that special gift.  But lately it seems like soo much work.  This year...were getting gift cards or money. 

mstrendygirl
by Irene-Mexicana on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:54 PM

yeah im the same way

Quoting kgmmw:

twobells
by Orfelinda on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Wow you did good and scored major points with the grandparents.

Quoting Supervane:

Gift!!! I only do a gift card when I completely give up.

My DH's grandparents are terrible gift receivers if they don't like they tell you I the spot! last year I got them a San Marcos blanket from the cobija guy at the swap meet. They loved it so much they asked for another one! I couldn't believe it!

twobells
by Orfelinda on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

My DH hates that I buy gifts for my family. They are all out of town so when it is time to go packing the car is a hassle. Let's just say no room for luggage. He would rather I do the gift card for them.

Quoting datcrazyhoe:

I used to love going shopping and finding that special gift.  But lately it seems like soo much work.  This year...were getting gift cards or money. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)