Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Elf on a Shelf

Posted by   + Show Post
The Elf Tradition
Have you ever wondered how Santa knows who is naughty and who is nice? The Elf on the Shelf®: A Christmas Tradition is the very special tool that helps Santa know who to put on the Naughty and Nice list. This interactive holiday hide-and-seek tradition is perfect for children and families of all ages.

The tradition begins when Santa sends his scout elves out to Elf Adoption Centers. Waiting for their families to bring them home, these patient elves hibernate until their family reads The Elf on the Shelf, gives their elf a very special name, and registers their adoption online. Once named, each scout elf will receive its Christmas magic and become a part of the family’s Christmas each and every year.

Excellent listeners and even better observers, these scout elves are the eyes and ears of Santa Claus. Although they cannot be touched, or else they may lose their magic, the elf will always listen and relay messages back to Santa. Taking in all the day-to-day activities around the house, no good deed goes unnoticed; these scout elves take their job seriously.

Each night, after the family goes to bed, the scout elf uses his magical Christmas powers to fly back to the North Pole. Once there, the elf will make his or her daily report to Santa and visit with elf friends where they will tell stories about their beloved families, play with the reindeer, and of course, sneak some of Mrs. Claus’ cookies!

Before the family awakes each morning, their special scout elf will fly back to their home from the North Pole. However, since these elves like to play games, don’t expect to find them in the same spot! While some like to hide in the freezer (probably because it reminds them of the North Pole) and others prefer to sit on the fireplace mantle or hang from the chandelier, these elves love to play hide-and-seek with their families.

On Christmas Eve, the scout elf will listen for Santa’s bell and then fly back to the North Pole until the next season, wishing every girl and each boy a Christmas of peace and a year full of joy. Join the tradition and adopt your own Elf on the Shelf now!

This seems to be very popular right now where I live. What do you think, cute or creepy?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:02 AM
3 moms liked this

I have never done the Santa/Elf thing before with my kids, but my son heard about it and was really interested, so I bought one the other day. We started on Dec. 1st. He loves it. The first thing he does every morning when he wakes up is look for Harold (his elf).

This is the picture from this morning. Harold was trying to help decorate with 'ribbon'.

datcrazyhoe
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Im good w/the elf on a shelf...i think its freekn creepy!! And so would my kids...lmao

RainyRain
by Reyna on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:07 PM
I use to think it was creepy, but now I am considering buying it.
They are doing Elf in the shelf at my son's school, he is super fascinated to see how the elf move from place to place and since he doesn't know where he will appear next, he is in his best behavior because he want to cause a great impression on the elf. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RainyRain
by Reyna on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:08 PM
How adorable. ;)

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I have never done the Santa/Elf thing before with my kids, but my son heard about it and was really interested, so I bought one the other day. We started on Dec. 1st. He loves it. The first thing he does every morning when he wakes up is look for Harold (his elf).

This is the picture from this morning. Harold was trying to help decorate with 'ribbon'.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstrendygirl
by Irene-Mexicana on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I like it i think it's cute my sis is actually doing it with her kids, and there having a blast.

im doing something different im doing the 25days of christmas crafts. each day me and my lil one make a craft she loves the idea and has fun making her crafts.. here are the first two we missed yesterday since we were out with friends and got home late and she was asleep.

Christmas tree we used ribbon to make it.. 

christmas thumb lights we used paint and her thumbs to make the colored lights

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Irene! This is a wonderful idea. I bet she is loving it.

Quoting mstrendygirl:

I like it i think it's cute my sis is actually doing it with her kids, and there having a blast.

im doing something different im doing the 25days of christmas crafts. each day me and my lil one make a craft she loves the idea and has fun making her crafts.. here are the first two we missed yesterday since we were out with friends and got home late and she was asleep.

sophiesmom07
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Quoting mstrendygirl:

I like this idea! Your dd is too cute!

sophiesmom07
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Lol, cute!  Our elf just arrived!  My dd named him Jingle. She was super excited when she came home from school and found him!

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:59 PM
I love this idea

Quoting mstrendygirl:

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:01 PM
I want to get one too

Quoting RainyRain:

I use to think it was creepy, but now I am considering buying it.

They are doing Elf in the shelf at my son's school, he is super fascinated to see how the elf move from place to place and since he doesn't know where he will appear next, he is in his best behavior because he want to cause a great impression on the elf. ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)