Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is really going to happen on Dec 21 2012

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:40 PM
  • 12 Replies

From what I've read, December 21 2012 just means the end of a cycle of a Mayan calendar.  The Mayan Calendar is based on very long cycles. 

December 21, 2012 is the end of a cycle that began on August 11 3114 BC.

Why is this day special? 

On December 21st is the Winter Soltice.  

"December 21 is the winter solstice, and in 2012 the Sun on the solstice will be almost perfectly aligned with the plane of the galaxy (the Milky Way galaxy). What is astonishing is how precisely the Mayan calendar was able to pinpoint this alignment of the planets.

The equator of the Milky Way galaxy (Galactic Equator) and the path of the Sun (the Ecliptic) will cross each other at exactly 11:11 am GMT on December 21, 2012. What does this mean exactly? Or, even better, what is the probability of this occurring?

Every year on the winter solstice, our Sun has a Declination of -23.5 degrees, and a Right Ascension of 18 hours. But what makes the alignment of 2012 special is how this alignment occurs relative to very distant stars. On December 21, 2012, the alignment will be right along the plane of the entire galaxy. This precession of the equinoxes goes in a complete circle and happens only once every 26,000 years. In other words, the winter solstice moves 360 degrees every 26,000 years, or 0.01 degrees each year.

A significant detail that promoters of the 2012 doomsday fail to point out, however, is that the plane of the galaxy is not the width of a needle. The plane of the galaxy is quite wide - in fact, it takes the winter solstice between 700 hundred and 1,400 years to cross the plane of the galaxy! So 2012 is just one year amidst a span of 700 years."

Now, I know for a fact that our satellite (the Moon) has a direct effect on our Earth the way it is aligned.  There are times when the tides are extra high because of the moon's position. The reason the Earth does not move away from the Sun, and it rotates in it's own axis is because the Moon keeps it in place!! 

My point is, this particular alighment could or could not have an affect on our Earth.  We might experience high tides, crazy weather, who knows....

Our world will end one day, but only when our star, the Sun dies.  Our sun has a few billions years to go, so no, it won't be this year.  Our sun will begin to dimmer as it will expand into a giant star, reaching all the planets around it, killing all life form.  It will resemble a storm, but instead of water, it will be fire falling from the sky.  Then, it will begin to cool off, and the Earth will experience a very extreme Ice Age, if by some crazy reason, some humans survived the Sun's proximity, they will surely die, it will get too cold for any life to survive. 

Then, scientists predict that once it expands, it will turn into a white dwarf star (dead stars), or explode, taking all the planets around it, including our Earth. 

I know my point is all over the place, but hopefully this will shed some light. 

It is what I understand will happen.  I believe in God, and only God knows when.  I do think that we will have killed each other or will finally use up all natural resources, we will exhaust our water supply, waaaaayyy before the Sun begins it death.  We are headed that way. 

We will have hunger and thirst wars.  I predict it is how the human race will become extinct--fighting each other over water and food. 

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JeannetteG
by Jeannette-AZ/Mex on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I'll be dancing the night away, that's all I know that's going down.

karladiego
by Karla on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I'm just thinking we would save a lot of money on Xmas gifts LOL

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:29 AM
I don't belie e a calendar
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Vane on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Eh even if it is nothing I can do to stop.it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Niiice!!

Quoting JeannetteG:

I'll be dancing the night away, that's all I know that's going down.

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:01 AM
LOL!
Right??!!!

Quoting karladiego:

I'm just thinking we would save a lot of money on Xmas gifts LOL

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:03 AM
You don't believe the cakendar?

The calendar is real. What many think it means is not!

It simply is an end of a cycle. Their calendars were made in long cycles.

What's amazing is how they had so much knowledge of the stars and the planets alignments without all the technology scientists have today.

Quoting kgmmw:

I don't belie e a calendar
ZachysMama08
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:06 AM
And why are all these people talking about they are stocking up on water and can food, batteries etc. .. I mean if the world is going to end, it's going to end! You won't be needing water etc lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Yep. And we dont know what will happen as the planets align like this every 29,000 years!

Probably nothing.

Quoting Supervane:

Eh even if it is nothing I can do to stop.it
LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:10 AM
I highly doubt it will end. The alignment of the olanets my have some impact in our world just like the alignment of the moon impacts the Earth's balance.

We might get crazy weather, some earthquakes, and then again, we might get NOTHING AT ALL.

:-)

Quoting ZachysMama08:

And why are all these people talking about they are stocking up on water and can food, batteries etc. .. I mean if the world is going to end, it's going to end! You won't be needing water etc lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)