Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tight Security

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:37 PM
  • 13 Replies

On Saturday I went to my son's girlfriendgraduation. She graduated from Texas State and it was a nice graduation. The thing is that before we entered the auditorium security was tight. I understand with everything that happened in CT why they would be more security. When we go to games or concerts they ask you to open your purse or bags and they look inside. Now on Saturday they asked me to open my purse and actually put their hands inside and move everything around. They did this to everyone. I was not upset, but not happy. Does that make sense. I understand it has to be this way. I asked my brother if it was even legal and shocking security guards can and police officers can't. Now I was shocked as to why all this time they never did this before to me when I enter a game or concert. I guess the whole idea of someone touching my things and moving them around did not sit well with me. For every ones safety I know it is a must. How do you all feel about someone touching whats inside your purse? Has this happened to you before? I would much rather they do this then me and my family be in a bad situation. It just didn't feel right.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:48 PM
Every time I go to the court house here to get my tags on my car they search my purse and ask for an ID. It doesn't really bother me though. Sorry you felt uncomfortable
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Vane on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Well if its for security I'm all for it and willingly participate
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twobells
by Orfelinda on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Now that you say that, they don't check me at the court house either. I wonder if they were always suppose to do this and just being lazy. My sister told me that I probably was feeling happy about the graduation. And then when they searched me it made me sad knowing how things can change so quickly. It might not be about being searched, but more about why they did it. It does make me sad, mad and even a little scared. I don't want this to mess with my head cause I won't be able to enjoy anything.

Quoting kgmmw:

Every time I go to the court house here to get my tags on my car they search my purse and ask for an ID. It doesn't really bother me though. Sorry you felt uncomfortable

NADIA-R
by NADIA on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:06 PM

I can imagine how you feel but it does make some people feel better even though I feel like its just like airport security they can only do so much. there's a need for new laws against weapons.

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Yeah it's sad that the world has come to this but if it keeps everyone safe then why not search people right

Quoting twobells:

Now that you say that, they don't check me at the court house either. I wonder if they were always suppose to do this and just being lazy. My sister told me that I probably was feeling happy about the graduation. And then when they searched me it made me sad knowing how things can change so quickly. It might not be about being searched, but more about why they did it. It does make me sad, mad and even a little scared. I don't want this to mess with my head cause I won't be able to enjoy anything.

Quoting kgmmw:

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Even with stricter gun laws doesn't guarantee that some crazy person isn't going to get ahold if a weapon

Quoting NADIA-R:

I can imagine how you feel but it does make some people feel better even though I feel like its just like airport security they can only do so much. there's a need for new laws against weapons.

NADIA-R
by NADIA on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:12 PM

yep sad but true but at least people with mental issues should not be able to buy one.

Quoting kgmmw:

Even with stricter gun laws doesn't guarantee that some crazy person isn't going to get ahold if a weapon

Quoting NADIA-R:

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM
Yep agree

Quoting NADIA-R:

yep sad but true but at least people with mental issues should not be able to buy one.

Quoting kgmmw:

Quoting NADIA-R:

twobells
by Orfelinda on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Agree

Quoting kgmmw:

Yep agree

Quoting NADIA-R:

Quoting kgmmw:

Quoting NADIA-R:

karladiego
by Karla on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:44 AM

It is a bit uncomfortable when they have to go through your things but these times require we go through that, sucks but think it is all in the name of safety.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)