Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Latinos everywhere

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

so yesterday my DH invites me to this Italian place that's like the best place around here and everyone says their food is like super wow so we go. I haven't had a chance to go to this place since we moved here 7 years already so I'm all exited to try their food finally, we get there and I'm all ready to see Italians everywhere instead all the employees there are Latinos LOL I'm like oh wow no wonder their food is so great the only Italian there was the owner.

have you notice that it is true what they say if the food is great its cause theres Latinos working in that kitchen?

NADIA

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Supervane
by Vane on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Ha ha ha that's funny. There us a Chinese restaurant here that has nothing but Mexican workers even in the kitchen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twobells
by Orfelinda on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I do see that as well. Especially at Chinese restaurants.

bbyB10
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:48 PM
LOL TRUE
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:16 AM
While I was in AZ, I met this annoying Asian lady. I was telling her that I loved Vietnamese food with all that grass-looking herbs they add to their soups.
I mentioned a few places I had eaten at.

She goes, "that is NOT real Asian food! They got Mexicans in the kitchen!" and she wriggled her nose in disgust!

So, I added, "no wonder it's delicious! If I went to a real (I made an exaggerated quotes with my fingers) Asian place, it would suck!" and I rolled my eyes at her.

People can be trained and taught to cook ANY type of food. What an ignoramous!!
karladiego
by Karla on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:44 AM

One of the oldest diners in Freehold, which is always visited by Bruce Springsteen and Queen Latifah has all latino cooks....and their food is great. Can't be a coincidence right?? lol

sophiesmom07
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I  have noticed that in some places.  I want my food authentic ! If I go out for Indian, expect to see some Indians cooking the food! lol

LMJ1
by Lluvia-Mexicana on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:03 PM
I met an Asian dude who cooks mean Italian food! OMG! Delicious!

Quoting sophiesmom07:

I  have noticed that in some places.  I want my food authentic ! If I go out for Indian, expect to see some Indians cooking the food! lol

NADIA-R
by NADIA on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:16 AM
We Latinos make any food taste great cause we have savor, spice and spirit in us. I know a few cooks some have told me crazy stories about them cooking like that one of them got fired for some ramdom thing and his boss had to rehire him after so many people complained about the food.

Quoting LMJ1:

While I was in AZ, I met this annoying Asian lady. I was telling her that I loved Vietnamese food with all that grass-looking herbs they add to their soups.

I mentioned a few places I had eaten at.

She goes, "that is NOT real Asian food! They got Mexicans in the kitchen!" and she wriggled her nose in disgust!

So, I added, "no wonder it's delicious! If I went to a real (I made an exaggerated quotes with my fingers) Asian place, it would suck!" and I rolled my eyes at her.

People can be trained and taught to cook ANY type of food. What an ignoramous!!
mstrendygirl
by Irene-Mexicana on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:01 PM

There is a chinese food place here where i live that is sooooooo good and the ones cooking the food are latinos

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)