Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Creo que mi mami odia a su nieto.

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:59 AM
  • 12 Replies

Joey (16)is my oldest.He is a quiet,shy sensitive boy.Never had a problem with him at school,at home,in the neighborhood. He does what he's told when he's told to do it (no need to "hound" him,kwim?)

My mom came to visit us and she stayed about 2 weeks.During this time she tried to ground Joey 3x.One time was for removing a chair from his room-she kept insisting that "the furniture in this house stays where it is at!" I had already told him tht he could move it to the shed because he bought himself a computer/desk chair  that he liked more. The second time was because he broke a glass and ended up with 5 stitches in his hand...she said he did it on purpose to get out of washing dishes?! Seriously?Cut his hand open so he doesn't have to do his chores?He's never pulled anything like it before,why start now?

I ended up asking her to cut her "vacation" with us short.I walked in on her telling my son that "She WOULD NOT allow him to take her daughter away from her!" WTH?

My brothers and sister are FURIOUS at me,but I can't have my mother harrassing Joey ALL the time for stupid sh*t!! I'm starting to think she's jealous of my kid.But,why? I am confused...any insights?

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandyblx
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Here is a picture of my boy.

brandyblx
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this

And when I came home from work to find my youngest two cuddled up with grandmom on the couch and my oldest in his room because he was just "being TOO bratty".I lost it.I told her to go home or to go visit my sister--but,that she needed to get the heck out of my house before I said something I couldn't take back.

Supervane
by Vane on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:32 AM
Maybe she doesn't hate him and she's just trying to be tough on him because he's a teen. I'm not saying you're wrong our anything like that, I think its good you defend him.

He looks super young by the way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twobells
by Orfelinda on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Before asking her to leave you should of asked her what is really going on. Also talk to your son to see how he feels. Does he feel like his grandmother does not like him? Does he feel like she is being unfair? There has to be a reason why she only targets him. Let her know that she is not allowed to come to your house and treat any of your kids different. She should apologize to your son. It is important for your son not to feel like his grandmother does not like him. Good Luck.

NADIA-R
by NADIA on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Oh my . I think there's something she is holding back and not telling you her attitude its irrational you should sit down with her and have a long talk even if its on the phone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gammie
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:42 AM

You did the right thing your son comes first!! your mother bulling your son was wrong!!

She is jealous so keep her away from him!!

Tell you family if they want her to stay at their home they can and guess what, she can stay longer because she will not be staying at your anymore!!

I cut off my sister ( she is the trouble maker) and my brother always calls to tell me did I call her for her B-day or Christmas and I just say I have nothing to say so you go and call her if you want.

gammie
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Just because someone is family you should never put up with them hurting your children.

Your job is to protect and you did what  was right. Don't let your family bully you, put your foot down and tell them when it comes to your children NO ONE can hurt them!

karladiego
by Karla on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I totally agree with this...this is just a very odd behaviour, you need to look into this, not for nothing but you don't owe any explanations to your siblings BUT to try to keep the peace in your family, just let them know what has happened with your mother. I have seen this with my SIL's ex MIL...she is not the bio mom of her husband but apparently consider him as her own, then all of a sudden he cheats and she back him up and says that their kids are not really her grandkids because they're not "really" blood related, there is something wrong in their heads and because she's your mom you need to find out what is going on with her.

Quoting NADIA-R:

Oh my . I think there's something she is holding back and not telling you her attitude its irrational you should sit down with her and have a long talk even if its on the phone.

mommy29x3
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:01 AM

OMG ... i am proud of you for sticking up for your son ... my mother in law is out of line with my middle child sometimes but I don't have the courage to ask her to leave . I do ask her to stop but I don't know why she is at odds with him ... he is only 10. I have 3 boys and they are never rude to adults ...they know better! Your siblings will have to get over it .

momsince04
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:22 AM

She may have some resentment, or grudge against him. Do you have brothers? She may be so mad that he seems to be this perfect boy, and maybe it's something she wanted from her own children. Or i've found in my Pt's some elderly woman tend to mistake family members for other people, and tend to be extremely rude and harsh. Either way i would ask her what her problem is.

Good Luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN