Valentines Jello Hearts
Valentines Day. Do you like it? Me..I’m on the fence.
Maybe back in High School when the boys were romantic, it was a cutsie and stuff.
But I have come to the realization the Valentines day is a Hallmark Day. I mean unless your man is Uber romantic, it will probably be just another day…..sigh. I think once you have kids, like everything else, the holiday becomes about them.
But we can still be a hopeless romantic and make some heart shaped Jello, right?
It’s cute and the kids liked to help.
Jello and kids kinda go hand in hand.
I got the idea of the multi colored Jello from the old school Jello Mosaic Dessert Bars
But what fun is it just cutting the jello into cubes? Let’s make hearts!!!!
Below is that it looks like before its final 2 hour chill.
As you can see, I used a small heart cookie cutter to cut my firmed red jello and arranged them in a 9 x 13 pan, then poured the sweetened condensed mixture over the top.
And once the firm, you invert the pan and cut them out.
It’s super easy to do!
- 4 (3oz.) boxes Strawberry Jello
- 2 envelopes Knox Unflavored Gelatin
- 5½ cups boiling water, divided
- 1 can (14oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ cup cold Water
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the 4 packages of Strawberry Jello.
- Mix in 4 cups boiling water and stir for about 2 minutes, or until dissolved.
- Pour into the prepared pan and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until firm.
- In a medium bowl add the ½ cup cold water and sprinkle the gelatin over the top, let stand for 1 minute.
- Stir in 1½ cups boiling water and sweetened condensed milk, mix well and allow to cool.
- Remove the firm red jello from the fridge and invert onto a cutting board.
- Re-spray the same 9 x 13 pan with non stick spray.
- With a heart cookie cutter, cut hearts out of the jello. Take care to cut them as close together as possible to reduce waste.
- Arrange the hearts in the pan.
- Pour milk mixture over the hearts and place in the fridge for 2 hours until firm.
- Remove and cut into squares.